new vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazykiller

Reaction score
I hope I am putting this in the right place.
Well I have been on vmax forum for sometime but first post as I just picked up a new left over 2007 vmax. I already have the kerker exhaust morley muscle airbox and jet kit and adjustable needles coming my way. I put on drag bars and change the turn singals to smaller ones and ordered a carbtune that should be here in a couple of days.

I am just trying to get some info before my stuff shows up what jets should I start out with and needle placement? Is there anything else I should look at or do before or after this stuff.
Then is there a good motorcycle salvage web site I want to find some r6/r1 calipers for the front brakes.

Then the last thing does I take anyone a long time to get on this forum on my computer and a couple of others it can take 5 minuntes or more to download a page then each topic I click on but on my droid phone I have no problem as I am using it now to type all of this.

Krazykiller

Hi, If i were you id call Sean and ask him there are alot of factors that play into jetting a bike correctly elavation, A/F mix,an etc and Sean is 1 of the best. I also have morleys kit, and i can tell you from experence make 1 change at a time then test and tune, you may want to just try a good sync before you tear into your carbs. Welcome back JIM

A lot of questions come to mind with you asking.....Is your exhaust slip-ons or full, Sean Morley from Morley Muscle should be able to recommend your settings for the jetting. If slip ons just air/fuel adjustment and perhaps 147.5 mains. Ebay is a wonderful place to pickup parts. I picked up my R1 front calipers off there. Its the best salvage you will find for the money. Beware as everyone will soon tell you, is that the MOD MONKEY will hit you hard with it new and especially seeing what is possible with the vmax. Its endless so hopefully you have deep pockets since it will drain you.....

Two strait fixes is the crimp fix http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/crimp.htm
and then tightening of the steering head bearing . Other things to do is replace the stock front fork springs with an aftermarket spring such as progressive or race tech. The list can go on and on, but it all depends on your budget. I suggest you browse these forums for all the mods. Great bunch of people in here with a wealth of knowledge!

Welcome to the VMAX WORLD!!!

Michael Moore
VMOA #2116
MD Chapter Leader

which adjustable needles is morley sending you?

The exhause is the full exhaust 4-2-1 the needles are the adjustable ones has has for 50 bucks. I was planning on doing the exhaust and then doing the jets and sync the carbs. I know sean sends a guide with his airbox and jet kit so I will have tob wait and see what it says.

As far as the r1/r6 calipers are they are direct bolt on or do they need spacers or different mounting brackets. What about the break lines will they fit.yeah the stock front springs suck I was also think of doing the r1 front forks but I think I need different clamps for the forks to make them work.then I would buy the whole thing and take care of my braking and soft spring all at one time.

Then the last thing nobody has problems with the site taking a long time loading pages?

I'd save your money on the calipers. the '07 already has decent brakes. just upgrade your rotors. I'm using wavy rotors and stock brakes, I stop on a dime.

Reason why people go with the R1/R6 is to upgrade thier old dual pot to a four pot system. Now if you wanted to upgrade get Sean's 6 pot 'busa brakes

Ebay seems to normally have a good selection of R6/R1 calipers for you to choose from. I think the 'Busa brake upgrade from Sean is just for the older forks (pre '93) I am currently installing the 'Busa setup with EBC HH pads on my '92.
I already have wavy rotors and SS lines with the stock calipers and EBC HH pads. While this setup stops 100% better than stock I still want more braking power. The only thing left to improve upon will be the master cylinder which will be next if I still want more whoa power.
You may also want to look into a seat reshaped by Sean which adds a lot comfort and improved seating position. A smaller tail light will clean up the rear fender nicely.

I like having good solid brakes I am use to riding sport bikes so that's the kind of braking power I want. I have been looking at the brm rear tail section I don't like the stock rear fender on the vmax but that will be down the road. I have also keep looking at blowers,superchargers and turbos already. then the wide rear tire kits. I just can't leave stuff alone no matter how new it is. Dam toys always making me broke. The seat I will shave and reshape myself I did it to my rs warrior and put in a gel insert and recovered the seat made it a million times better.

Yep you are one of us, If you go with a fat tire kit ,Id go with a chain drive setup, puts alot of strain on the rear diff. I agree with KJ on the brakes,but remember the vmax is a heavy bike its not going to stop like a 600 sportbike even with r6 calipers. JIM

As for the connection its dsl at home and a t1 line at work both load slow maybe the forum doesn't like wisconsin. I only road a 600 sportbike when I was younger 18 then moved to the rs warrior did a lot to that then sold it and moved to a 05 zx12r did more stuff to that and then sold it but now I'm on a vmax and doing the same as the other bikes.now I'm the rip old age of 29 as of today the vmax was my early birthday gift to me. I was thinking of a chain drive but then since I would have the motor out then I would plan on doing the long rod motor or something like that just make it mean and nasty.I haven't really made up my mind which way I want to go with this bike yet.

Happy B-day, Im 42 and have had many bikes in my day as well, but the max is truly the best bike i have owned and the most Mod addicting. That is were im at now getting ready for a new 1500 mtr and a 3" stretch . I thought about spending the money of another bike but honestly i didnt like many of the new styles of bikes. The vmaxs next stable mate will be a street glide for long trips but that is a few yrs off. JIM

The exhause is the full exhaust 4-2-1 the needles are the adjustable ones has has for 50 bucks. I was planning on doing the exhaust and then doing the jets and sync the carbs. I know sean sends a guide with his airbox and jet kit so I will have tob wait and see what it says.

As far as the r1/r6 calipers are they are direct bolt on or do they need spacers or different mounting brackets. What about the break lines will they fit.yeah the stock front springs suck I was also think of doing the r1 front forks but I think I need different clamps for the forks to make them work.then I would buy the whole thing and take care of my braking and soft spring all at one time.

Then the last thing nobody has problems with the site taking a long time loading pages?

gotcha, well i had stage 7 and its a bit rich , especially at WOT with vboost always on. going to try stage 1's next. stock were too lean on cruise, but at WOT were fine.

Blasphemy! Modding out a left over "07" when it is brand new! Shame on you.

PS, please send me your old parts! Welcome to the fold brother.:punk:

I don't really call it blasphemy just making it better before I put a lot of miles on it. I only got 50 miles on it before I started tearing into it.
Why would anyone want stock parts that what make it ugly or slow :)

Latest posts

Back