Newbe Front Rim Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangebaja

Reaction score
I just purchased a rear fjr1300 17" rim and wanted to know what can i do to the front. I am looking for help and experience with what rim/tire/brake setup will work up front. will an r6 setup work? please respond with what worked for u and what not to use and why..
Thank you
Paul Amodio

I just purchased a rear fjr1300 17" rim and wanted to know what can i do to the front. I am looking for help and experience with what rim/tire/brake setup will work up front. will an r6 setup work? please respond with what worked for u and what not to use and why..
Thank you
Paul Amodio

We need a little more info from ya Paul.

Year of bike and what are you wanting to do?

You can run the stock front wheel with a radial tire. The newer 93+ 4 pot brakes are great with EBC HH pads and braided lines.

So what are you looking for as an end result?:ummm:

The bike is a 2003. the reason i want to change it is to match the fjr a little better and the old wheel is starting to have the clearcoat peeling

The bike is a 2003. the reason i want to change it is to match the fjr a little better and the old wheel is starting to have the clearcoat peeling

I see...

Anything can be made to fit of course. You will have to set the fender down A LOT to look right on the 17" wheel and tire.

Hopefully someone will chime in with more knowledge.

I went with Carrozzeria wheels front and back.

Back