Newbie Question about Oil Pressure / level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatter

Reaction score
Ok, I have a '07 MAX completely stock. The problem I am having is this: When leaving a stop, and after turning right OR left, my oil light comes on when I get to 5k in third gear and stays on until I back off the gas. After it goes out, I can gas it hard without it coming on.
Taking off straight-line, there is no light.
The oil level is right on the full mark when on the center stand.

It didn't do this until after the first service. Is this in any way normal?

Two comments:

1. Check the oil on a level surface on the tires, not on the center stand.

2. The mark you are saying is the full mark, is it at the very top of the sight glass or in the lower half? Often the low mark is mistaken for the full mark. Fill to almost the very top of the window. There is a mark there that is the full mark.

Follow the steps in the post abve me. If the oil light comes on under hard acceration, then it is considered the "tuning" light, which means your bike is tuned well. The oil sensor is at the front of the pan, so under acceration is gets pushed to the back of the pan. I don't know if I misread your post but does the oil light come on when you TURN your bike? If it does, that is is not right.

Simply
Just put the bike on a level surface kneel down on the right side grab the handle bar and tilt the bike off the stand up to upright postion look at your oil sight level window and add oil till the oil is just right up to the top line
Presto no more low oil light

Go figure. Vmax is a cool bike but who ever designed the sight glass fell on his face. Yuk,yuk. Headlines in the Undertaker Times. Man dies when bike falls on him as he is checking the oil. Front Brake lever punctures left temple. Bystanders take pictures. Now I know the secret of a 'great tune' drain out 1/2 qt. of oil. forestdaledave

Go figure. Vmax is a cool bike but who ever designed the sight glass fell on his face. Yuk,yuk. Headlines in the Undertaker Times. Man dies when bike falls on him as he is checking the oil. Front Brake lever punctures left temple. Bystanders take pictures. Now I know the secret of a 'great tune' drain out 1/2 qt. of oil. forestdaledave

Yeah Yamaha should have made the engine upside down so you can check your oil
If you have trouble holding your bike you may think about a smaller bike
If your not cordinated enough and its a close call you should revaluate owning a motorcycle

just did it today using center stand with oil level.....compaired to on ground is really close , top of window on center stand....is full mark when on ground

Back