VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Cox

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I'm brand new to this board. I just bought an 04 VMax. I've had an 86 v-65 Magna for 13 years and was ready for a change. My new bike didn't come with a manual or anything. Does anyone know what the modle numbers are for the 04. Is it a vmx12s or sc1 or what? How much HP does it have? The guy I bought it from said 150HP but that cant be right. Does this bike have the V boost. Is there anything I need to do to this machine to make it last longer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It would probably be easiest to tell what you have if you have a another member that lives close check it out.

Hi Everyone.
I'm brand new to this board. I just bought an 04 VMax. I've had an 86 v-65 Magna for 13 years and was ready for a change. My new bike didn't come with a manual or anything. Does anyone know what the modle numbers are for the 04. Is it a vmx12s or sc1 or what? How much HP does it have? The guy I bought it from said 150HP but that cant be right. Does this bike have the V boost. Is there anything I need to do to this machine to make it last longer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

145 at the crank and about 115 at the wheel unless it is tweaked in which it could have 150 at the wheel...:thumbs up:

Thanks for the replies everyone! I called the dealer today with the vin # and he said its a VMX12S.:cheers:

When you turn the key to on you should hear the servo do its - open and close test and the fuel pump ticking as is fills the carbs.

That servo sound is the vboost !

Dyno the bike to find it's true hp. It should be around the 115-125 ball park depending if its stock or not.

Hope you will enjoy it here. Feel free to ask questions and search the threads if you just want to learn in the background. Many of us have been hear for a long time and check in almost every day.

Get use to the bike first for a while and ride safe. Time will reveal it's good and bad points. Stay in control, make sure your able to stop fast enough if you had to. One if it's weaker point's by the way.

Read the sticky notes - and congrats on the new bike.

Hello Paul!

I just bought my first ever import last T-Day, a one owner 35OO mile V max y2k model originally from AL... If anyone had ever told me 12-15 years ago that I'd ever end up riding a 'ricer', it would have likely started a fight... But now I'm nuts about this thing!

Like you, I was also very much in need of "now that I got one, what the hell do I do with it"...always been a hands-on do my own wrenching, but no clue here...then I found this place and these great folks who hang here. They have all been immensely helpful in getting me acquainted with my V max...

Read...ask...read some more...d/l the manual from 'Outlaw', read some more...ask some more...and sooner then you think, you'll be right where you want to be...

Take care and welcome to a whole new wonderful world!

Philthy

Back