Nipple Troubles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Ok get your minds out of the gutter ;) I'm by far a nipple man myself and its hard to imagine that there's places that nipples just dont belong but I happen to find a place where I wish there werent any.

I just got my Harrison Specialty lights and when unblolting the stock ones, I found that there's a little nipple on the grab bar to keep the stock ones from rotating...Kinda sucks because now I gotta try and find a clean solution for mounting the lights flush with the bar while having everything centered (See picture 1). First thought I could notch out a washer for the nipple to fit in but going to give it some thought as to what some other options may be. Anyone have any tricks or tips as to what they did with their nipples?:rofl_200: :rofl_200::rofl_200:No seriously :ummm:

Also included a comparison shot for anyone trying to gauge the difference in the size of the lights.

They are bright but a bit disspointed when I temporarily wired them to function as both running and turn signals (red led's). Seems like the transition from running to turn wasn't much of an "intensity difference" as apposed to if I didn't hook them up as running lights but just to function as turn signals. When wired jsut as turn signals they are very bright and signaling a turn is very noticable. Might mess around with some resistors on the running light wire to see if I can reduce the running light output in order to gain a increase in the transition from running to turn signal brightness.

Attachments

• Rear Lights.jpg
    Rear Lights.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Comp2.jpg
    Comp2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 51
I ran into the same problem. I carefully sanded the nipple off (my wife wouldn't bite it for me) and used a chrome washer between the blinker and the grab bar to hide the sand mark.

You want pic's?

Think I would look for a black plastic, or hard rubber washer that is the thickness of the locater pin (nipple :biglaugh:), drill a hole in the washer for the pin, then mount the signal over that.
The washer would also help to dampen vibration.

A dremel tool with the fiberglass cutting wheel will put the exact nipple notch in the signal that will match the factory job and continue to function as the locating anti-rotation function it was originally intended as. Those Harrisons have aluminum bodies don't they? Just be sure of where you are notching. You know the saying, Measure twice, notch once! Love the smaller lights. Them factory lollipops are something else ain't they?!

Yeah those stock lights are big. I'm hoping that after all is said and done I end up improving my bikes ability to be seen..
Yeah the harrison ones are aluminum and they have an 3/8th standoff that sits agains the ligths housing...I was looking at probolts website and they have some unique looking washers so I think I'll end up going with that and see how it works...Unfortunately the standoff on the harrison is to narrow in diameter to mate up with that nipple on the grab bar..

I would just grab them between your fore finger and your thumb and pinch real hard and just twist them off.. LOL

Scooter

I will take a pic of mine. I just painted a regular 3/8 washer black. It was the perfect size to cover the extra large hole in grab bar and not hit the little nipple.

Well never mind, I just realized you got the bullet style with that stand off. Not sure how I missed that before. I mounted mine the same way you did in your pic.

Attachments

• 2010-02-22 19.53.22.jpg
    2010-02-22 19.53.22.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2010-02-22 19.53.59.jpg
    2010-02-22 19.53.59.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2010-02-22 19.58.54.jpg
    2010-02-22 19.58.54.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 11
Back