No 2008 VMax now!! Post-poned until 2009!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backfire

Reaction score
As many of you may or may not know, I've had a 2008 Yamaha V-max on pre-order now for the last 3 months (deposit has already been made) and I keep in pretty close contact w/ the Yamaha Dealer I'm working with to where I pretty much know what they do- when it happens regarding this bike.

I just received a fax from them that came directly from Yamaha/Star and to be quite frank- I'm ticked... Here's what it states in verbatim in its entirety as I read from the sheet.

***Begin Copy***
Dear Yamaha Motorcycle Dealer:
At both last year's Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas and select Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows, a Star Motorcycle V-Max concept model was shown to gauge consumer response and acceptance.

We are pleased to inform you that further development of this concept model will continue from our factory during the year ahead and be assured that we will do our best to keep you informed of its progress during that time.

Thank you and best wishes for continued success.

Bob Starr
General Manager, National Communications
Motorsports Group Company
***End Copy***

What the heck is this????? Does it mean what I think it means???? No Yamaha V-Max for 2008 that everyone has been waiting for???

I'm *REALLY* disappointed in Yamaha, Star or whatever they want to call themselves right now and after all this time they kept us waiting- they push us into the corner *AGAIN*! This is BS! :angry flame:

john

Buy the B-King then...:whistlin:

Then when the Max comes out buy it...

I wouldn't buy the first year of anything anymore...

I generally don't buy the first year of anything either, but I wanted this bike to keep as a collector machine since it's the first re-design of the bike in over 20 years. I'm even getting the shipping crate it came in, paperwork, build sheets and a number of other dealer-only documents that comes with the bike- just for storage purposes.

I had planned to ride it a short bit and store it away. Then we had made arrangements to purchase the very next model year so I could ride it daily to work. I've already started to convert my 1995 in a dedicated track bike in anticipation of this new model, so now I'm screwed for another year..

Guess I'll have to start "un-converting" my '95 so I can ride it for the rest of the year... Damn......

john

Does that mean they're keeping your deposit as well??
I told them to keep it until it can be used, which might be this year yet. I'll know more about everything when the owner of the dealer gets back form the Dealer Motorcycle Show in a couple of weeks.

john

i talked to star motorcycle rep today he said 2008 vmax will be the same as 2007. that they are still getting customer reaction to prototype max.

Buy the B-King then...:whistlin:

Then when the Max comes out buy it...

I wouldn't buy the first year of anything anymore...
Had a look on the zuk site and saw the BKing
It is bound to put a smile on your face with the Busa engine.. and go like stink..
But it looks kind of sad with the big pipes sitting under your butt..

Would prefer a can lower to the ground, would also give a better center of gravity. So that would be the first mod but then under the seat might look kind of bad so some customer work would need to be done..

But even still the I4 is just not going to be as much fun..

Had a look on the zuk site and saw the BKing
It is bound to put a smile on your face with the Busa engine.. and go like stink..
But it looks kind of sad with the big pipes sitting under your butt..

Would prefer a can lower to the ground, would also give a better center of gravity. So that would be the first mod but then under the seat might look kind of bad so some customer work would need to be done..

But even still the I4 is just not going to be as much fun..
Or maybe something like this?
2101w.jpg

Keep us updated. I'm gonna get one i swear, unless of course they are not what everyone is hoping for. Pretty tough competition these days, but I've got faith in them. In the meantime I'll keep scaring people w my 93.

As many of you may or may not know, I've had a 2008 Yamaha V-max on pre-order now for the last 3 months (deposit has already been made) and I keep in pretty close contact w/ the Yamaha Dealer I'm working with to where I pretty much know what they do- when it happens regarding this bike.

I just received a fax from them that came directly from Yamaha/Star and to be quite frank- I'm ticked... Here's what it states in verbatim in its entirety as I read from the sheet.

***Begin Copy***
Dear Yamaha Motorcycle Dealer:
At both last year's Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas and select Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows, a Star Motorcycle V-Max concept model was shown to gauge consumer response and acceptance.

We are pleased to inform you that further development of this concept model will continue from our factory during the year ahead and be assured that we will do our best to keep you informed of its progress during that time.

Thank you and best wishes for continued success.

Bob Starr
General Manager, National Communications
Motorsports Group Company
***End Copy***

What the heck is this????? Does it mean what I think it means???? No Yamaha V-Max for 2008 that everyone has been waiting for???

I'm *REALLY* disappointed in Yamaha, Star or whatever they want to call themselves right now and after all this time they kept us waiting- they push us into the corner *AGAIN*! This is BS! :angry flame:

john

i always thought or understood there would be no 08 model...there going to introduce the 09 model late in 08

i always thought or understood there would be no 08 model...there going to introduce the 09 model late in 08

That is what I thought too. So unless Backfire is confused, it sounds like the next Vmax will potentially be released in late 09 as a 2010 model.
:cheers:

It's pretty sad that Yamaha would rather introduce some stupid harley clone and some stupid ass Vmax artwork thing than to just get the vmax done and out.

Do we need to send Larry the cable guy over there?
GET ER DONE!

Again, no vmax mock up at the Atlanta Internation motorcycle show. Spoke to one of the Yamaha reps and he couldn't answer anything about the vmax (and didn't seem interested in the questions either).

Second year in a row that the reps at the show didn't want anything to do with anything vmax related.

So, unless something changes, looks like I'll be after an 05' - 07' in about a year when I've got the spare cash to pick up a vmax again.

Well my understanding (and believe me i read every thing vmax related on the web) is that the bike will release in the fall. October or so... But will be CALLED a 2009 model. Its under revision from the 2005 mochup which was well received but the BKing and other muscle bikes spooked them. A few adjustments to get more of a modern feel out of it was the order of the day.
for one like the street fighter vibe and the influence it has on the bike. Yamaha obviously saw the huge European vmax custom street fighter craze as the way to go rather than the North American cruiser stile, but managed to strike some form of balance i figure. Dont know.

I see the sculpture and the web site as all good things.... did any other yamaha bike ever get its own web site and send up like this? :biglaugh::ummm:

Well my understanding (and believe me i read every thing vmax related on the web) is that the bike will release in the fall. October or so... But will be CALLED a 2009 model. Its under revision from the 2005 mochup which was well received but the BKing and other muscle bikes spooked them. A few adjustments to get more of a modern feel out of it was the order of the day.
for one like the street fighter vibe and the influence it has on the bike. Yamaha obviously saw the huge European vmax custom street fighter craze as the way to go rather than the North American cruiser stile, but managed to strike some form of balance i figure. Dont know.

I see the sculpture and the web site as all good things.... did any other yamaha bike ever get its own web site and send up like this? :biglaugh::ummm:

I called D&H Cycle in Cullman, Al today. The two main principals for the dealership are at the Yamaha winter motorcycle dealer meeting, expecting to hear some news on the New Vmax. The people at the dealership are under the understanding that it will be released this fall, though there has been no offical word from Yamaha. :bang head:
The prinicpals will be back on Tuesday. Hopefully there will be a press release from Yamaha regarding the Vmax's future before then.:punk:

I spoke with a friend that works at a local Yamaha dealership and he hasn't heard a word on it. He doubts it'll be released at all.

Talked to my local Yamaha dealer last week and they still swear that it is coming out soon. I have heard this from other dealers in Ontario as well. Just glad I didnt hand them a check for a deposit with all the uncertainty surrounding this bike. Just gonna keep on making my 97 a bit better all the time and wait.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader:rocket bike:

Finally got to talk to the boys at the dealership. Nothing was said about 2009 Vmax at the winter dealer meeting.:hmmm:. My bud said that last summer they got to see the Raider before it came out. There's another meeting in mid June. He said that if he don't see it there then it's probably not coming out this fall.:surprise:

I guess they are giving the B-King time to get all the market share they can? :ummm:

Latest posts

Back