No center stand, no problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
After seeing a friend's garage set up recently, I especially liked the stand/chock assembly for easily holding bikes upright for maintenance.

I liked it so much I bought one. Probably old hat for many of you, but I'm having to build my tool set back up after losing decades worth of stuff. Don't ask.

I'm so proud of this one I'm posting a picture.

Harbor Freight, $60. Well worth it.

Also, please ignore the dirt I thought I had removed off my ZL900, but is revealed by the flash. Wanna see how dirty your bike is? Use flash photography...

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 131
After seeing a friend's garage set up recently, I especially liked the stand/chock assembly for easily holding bikes upright for maintenance.

I liked it so much I bought one. Probably old hat for many of you, but I'm having to build my tool set back up after losing decades worth of stuff. Don't ask.

I'm so proud of this one I'm posting a picture.

Harbor Freight, $60. Well worth it.

Also, please ignore the dirt I thought I had removed off my ZL900, but is revealed by the flash. Wanna see how dirty your bike is? Use flash photography...

That was joke, right?

First thing, I'd eat off your bike already. :clapping: It looks clean to me too.

If you kept the center stand, could use that lock in the back and pull the front wheel off the ground? How heavy is it?

You should see my bike after 200 miles in the rain, the next day after it's dried. Talk about nasty.

HF has some great bargains, but I wouldn't put a ton of faith in stuff they sell. As in I wouldn't be super jazzed about leaving the bike on that stand unattended overnight.

Is that a Blaster I see in the background?

LOL :biglaugh:

I guess I am pretty anal about a clean bike. You should see the Vmax. Hell, I would eat off that one. I'm still detailing the ZL, but it's close.

jimburnetto , yes, that's the one I picked up. I'm told that they occasionally go on sale, but I didn't want to wait. $60 seemed pretty fair to me.

RaWarrior, I would leave it on the stand overnight even without the straps. It is much more secure than you might think. As to working on it, I do strap it then so that I can torque, push, pull and tweak to my hearts content. No issues at all. The design of this stand is such that its origin has little bearing on its trustworthiness. You'd have to see it to realize why I say that. Simple, effective and minimal stress on material or workmanship of the unit.

And yep, that's a Blaster. 2003. My son's. He currently is "borrowing" my '05 Raptor.

If you kept the center stand, could use that lock in the back and pull the front wheel off the ground? How heavy is it?

Eliminator never had a centerstand. But, if a bike had one, I suppose a rig of sorts could be crafted to lift the front end.

But, any comments I've made about stability would be completely null and void. Probably best to leave this one on the ground.

...although that is an intriguing suggestion.

Latest posts

Back