No fuel light?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb_M

Reaction score
Hi all. I got me a fuel question? I pulled into the gas station yesterday and when I throttled up a little the Max tried to die. Tried a few more times and same result. I figured it was about time to fuel her up anyway so I flipped to the reserve and no problems. Fueled up and took a little over 3 gallons, I'm guessing it has a half gallon reserve? Anyway, looks as though my fuel light is not working. I'm not exactly sure how to troubleshoot this?

So how far should I expect to get on the reserve if all goes bad on the interstate?

Hi all. I got me a fuel question? I pulled into the gas station yesterday and when I throttled up a little the Max tried to die. Tried a few more times and same result. I figured it was about time to fuel her up anyway so I flipped to the reserve and no problems. Fueled up and took a little over 3 gallons, I'm guessing it has a half gallon reserve? Anyway, looks as though my fuel light is not working. I'm not exactly sure how to troubleshoot this?

So how far should I expect to get on the reserve if all goes bad on the interstate?

Not sure if it would be a fuse , could be the bulb i would also check the wiring .
Just take the Faux Cover off and take those to bolts off that you can see just below it and slide off and unplug .
Its not to differcult i had had mine off heaps when my tacho wouldnt go .

My 06 has a 1 gal reserve. The light comes on about 2-3 miles before starting to sputter. I'd check your light or the sensor in the tank.

Look up the thread for fuel sender in this forum. It is the BOMB! Maybe a poor choice of word there. Anyways, you dont have a reserve per se, you have a reserve level. The fuel pump cuts off at a certain level telling you (forcing you) to to use the Reserve switch. That is why or how some people cannot ride with the reserve switch off and itmus be constantly activated. This was my problem until Gleno or 4gasem or somebody posted the fuel sender mystery tips. Check it out, it is solid gold.

F$#@ dealerships, just say "hell no, I won't go!"

Latest posts

Back