No spark

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe next weekend, this weekend rained the whole time, it ended at around 18:00 which was too late at that point to start working on the bike.

so unless I did something wrong my coils were showing >1 ohm

yea I meant coil...

Unless I cecked it wrong... I just connected + to orange - to black and cranked...

I'm supposed to be cranking it when checking, right?

Not exactly.

The messured value will change when the pickup coil meats one the protrusions located on the flywheel - you dont have to cranke the engine.
I would sugest to rotate the crank manualy by using 32mm socket.

Just wanted to let you know I had an intermittent connection in my pick up coil harness. There was a crimp connection that had a break about 2" away from the grommet where it goes through the metal harness retainer behind the middle drive cover. You cant see it unless you pull back the outer plastic jacket. You may want to measure the coil resistance as you flex the harness to see if the reading changes.

Just wanted to let you know I had an intermittent connection in my pick up coil harness. There was a crimp connection that had a break about 2" away from the grommet where it goes through the metal harness retainer behind the middle drive cover. You cant see it unless you pull back the outer plastic jacket. You may want to measure the coil resistance as you flex the harness to see if the reading changes.

I was mentioning about this dozen of times here - never recieved any reply that
I was wrong or correct...somethimes people just throwing away thier PC's while thier only issue is bad wires.
Glad you find it and told us about it.

So I finally had a chance to check and I had 0 ohms resistance :(

So what do I need to purchase?

I checked all wiring and nothing was kinked.

Does anyone have a part number for the pickup coils? I'll just order a new one and call it a day.

Before pulling off the stator..did you check your ignition unit (TCI) with a known good one? I have the exact same problem.. no spark ..same symptoms as yours. Starter motor turns good but will not produce spark..I will check the TCI before I check the pick up coil. But I have to wait to have get my bike back. I have the older pick ups though. I stupidly tried to ride through a heavy rain storm and the bike died.

Before pulling off the stator..did you check your ignition unit (TCI) with a known good one? I have the exact same problem.. no spark ..same symptoms as yours. Starter motor turns good but will not produce spark..I will check the TCI before I check the pick up coil. But I have to wait to have get my bike back. I have the older pick ups though. I stupidly tried to ride through a heavy rain storm and the bike died.

Nah, yours older - pre 90 unit. Those were not realible.

Hes 05 is a newer one which I have never seen to be bad :confused2:

Does anyone have a part number for the pickup coil? When I search pickup coil it shows me a governer

Latest posts

Back