nos bottle fuel tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe4550

Reaction score
hi guys im after getting 2 nos bottle style auxiliary fuel tanks to attach to the front of my bike under the scoops, iv seen it on another max and it looks awesome. but dus anyone know how the set up would work, what i would need, and even where 2 get the tanks, could they just run off the single fuel pump if i switched the res 2 take from them instead?

any help would be great!

cheeses joe

We debated doing that to the twin bottles we made for the 300 tire equipped bike we helped build. Pics on facebook. The bottles back there could be drilled and tapped to easily fill and drain without making any other modifications.

If you mounted bottles up by the scoops you'd need to modify the ends to have fill points, a vent, and then a drain to refill the tank.

Sean

We debated doing that to the twin bottles we made for the 300 tire equipped bike we helped build. Pics on facebook. The bottles back there could be drilled and tapped to easily fill and drain without making any other modifications.

If you mounted bottles up by the scoops you'd need to modify the ends to have fill points, a vent, and then a drain to refill the tank.

Sean

yeah i was thinking of getting them fabricated with a lid on the top (kind of like a water bottle top if you know what i mean to make filling easyer) but undera false top so it still looks like the nos top. then having a tube coming from them that goes to the bottom so its like a normal tank and having a pipe coming off and running to a splitter in the fuel line just before the filter with a switch to cross from the main fuel tank to the nos tanks as a backup for longer journeys (so that wen its switched it keeps the pump in the line an just changes the tank it comes from)

i hope that generaly explains what i mean..

joe

Latest posts

Back