Not a V-Max but could still use advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdtuffgirl2003

Reaction score
Ok my boyfriend changed out the spark plugs in his honda vtx 1300 now it's doing this... (Video coming)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We found a vtx forum but the members on there didn't seem as knowledgable as you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it do it immediately? Maybe one of the new plugs is bad. Bad connection between wire and plug? did it run good before you changed the plugs? maybe check the gaps on the plugs?

Still sounds like its missing...like a spark plug cap isnt fully pushed on...etc.

well can you check on the coil side? Checking to see that a plug wire wasn't accidentally pulled out of a coil?

Vtxoa.com didn't have an answer? Try texasxriders. I know those guys will help.

Nothing's happened in that carb has it? I had that same bike (color, intake, v&H pipes) and it never made that sound. I does sound like it's missing, but it idles ok, so it makes me wonder if something isn't completely plugged in or if there is some other blockage somewhere. Did you remove the reed valves, by chance? I don't think that would be a problem, but anything can happen, right? If you join the texasxriders board, PM j1mmyj4m. That's my friend Brock. If he can't help, he'll be able to point you in the right direction pretty quickly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Try throwing the old plugs back in it, to see if it stays the same.. Look at the plugs to see if you can tell which cylinder is misfireing.

have you pulled the plugs, grounded them to the frame, and cranked it to see if they're both firing?

Posted with my thumbs.

I know you just changed the plugs, but to me it sounds fuel starved. Is there any chance a fuel line got pinched?

--

Fuel problems usually wont manifest themselves to a good idle and an abrupt bad rev from idle, because there is fuel in the float bowls. Usually fuel problems are right at start or at the high end of the engine running. While its not impossible, it could happen and worth a look if you exhaust other options.

Todd

Latest posts

Back