not the usual diversion wheel question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fitz the viking

Reaction score
Hello

My div wheel doesnt have the cush drive. can i use the vmax one?

if not, anyone got one for sale?

many thanks

alex

The Vmax cush is totally different to the diversion cush, circles vs triangles
divvy.jpg

I think the way to go is to either cut out the center of the wheel and weld in a VMax inner OR simply buy a spindle conversion kit for your divvy wheel (sounds like you'll need the rubbers too)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-VM...ERSION-WHEEL-SPINDLE-CONVERSION-/261125226973

WOW so you mean we can go 17" with radial for the price of an old Divvy wheel + 90 squid for the conversion kit!?

Now there's a good deal if ever I saw one!

The Divvy wheel limits you to only a few tyre sizes though, 160 max - the 170 "wraps" around the wall and bulges in the centre

The Divvy wheel is 4.5" across if im not mistaken. Here you go a gift...

Attachments

• 15wz574.jpg
    15wz574.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 58
The Divvy wheel limits you to only a few tyre sizes though, 160 max - the 170 "wraps" around the wall and bulges in the centre

I think I'd still be happier with a 160 radial than a 150 or 170 bias ply with 90% profile..

Only thing is, I don't really like 17" rear on the Max, I think it's too small and much prefer the 18", even if the tire choice is more reduced in that size.

Is there another standard (cheap) wheel in 18" size that fits easily or with a kit without breaking the bank like most custom wheels do?

I think I'd still be happier with a 160 radial than a 150 or 170 bias ply with 90% profile..

Only thing is, I don't really like 17" rear on the Max, I think it's too small and much prefer the 18", even if the tire choice is more reduced in that size.

Is there another standard (cheap) wheel in 18" size that fits easily or with a kit without breaking the bank like most custom wheels do?

And here we go again :biglaugh:

190/50R17 is only 2-3% smaller then stock tyre but again if you still want to have something bigger then get yourself a 190/55 profile which is even bigger.

For 18" rims you have maybe 2-3 good tyres to select while you can put dozens types on 17's.

As far I know they are not many 18" rims avaible. Some 18x5,5 rims are avaible as blanks for hardely use. Give me one of those and you will have what you want.

Notice the offset of the splines as well. Neither of those will fit in the others diff.

And here we go again :biglaugh:

190/50R17 is only 2-3% smaller then stock tyre but again if you still want to have something bigger then get yourself a 190/55 profile which is even bigger.

For 18" rims you have maybe 2-3 good tyres to select while you can put dozens types on 17's.

As far I know they are not many 18" rims avaible. Some 18x5,5 rims are avaible as blanks for hardely use. Give me one of those and you will have what you want.

I've been looking at the Boxenstopp 17 wheel conversion for the rear because of this. Not cheap ($850), but more affordable than a MaxDaddy from UFO.

satariel666 what is your price to do a 17" wheel? Do you need my stock wheel? I wanna run like a 150/90 160/80? radial rear tire close to stock as possible smaller/shorter than stock wouldn't hurt my feelings don't wanna run those the wider the better looks kinda of tire. performance is what I want out of a 17" radial... then I could run a 110/80-18 radial up front and be set far under the $2500 set of cardossia wheels... Are you located in the U.S.?

Back