Nurburgring motorcycle crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the....where is this "track" ? Racing both cars and motorcycles on the same track is criminal to say the least...on a couple of occasions as I could see from the video, riders had a close call with the front bumper of a car. The track near my home in Cyprus is used for either car or motorcycle racing, never both at the same time.

What the....where is this "track" ? Racing both cars and motorcycles on the same track is criminal to say the least...on a couple of occasions as I could see from the video, riders had a close call with the front bumper of a car. The track near my home in Cyprus is used for either car or motorcycle racing, never both at the same time.
Where is the Nürburgring?

It's location is in Rhineland-Palainate Germany.

That's the 1st ever seeing cars and bikes on the same track.

Nürburgring is an old school road course rather than a closed track. So, all the hazards of street riding exist when it isn't closed off for competition.

Nurburgring ring track, I race this track a lot in the race game GT6

N%C3%BCrburgring-Photo6.jpg

Can't agree enough with that statement!!

When races are not being held, the track is often open to anyone for a fee. It winds thru forests and is a long track. (From 12.9 to 15.2 mile depending).

Cars and motorcycles don't mix on the track. my thinking.

If you google nurbrugring man they have sweet cars that run this track.

Nurbergring is an closed course open to the public. People drive Ferraris, Porsches, down to the Volkswagan beetles. As well as every big bike imagineable at the same time. Just space out the riders at the start, but of course they will overtake each other.

Germany allows the individual to ride or drive the course for a fee and a waiver. They highly advise you to ride within your skills, and believe that the individual takes responsibility for their own actions. If you crash, its your own fault, or combination of drivers; but, they would not sue the track for their own bad actions.

In the US, the one who crashes would sue the track immediately, even if they signed waivers and such. Too litiguous of a society. People say they want no govt interference, but as soon as they screw up, go running to the system to sue.

Definitely "amateur day" for the motorcyclists. Too-much front brake, too-late, standing the bike up, riding straight-off the track, poor choice of lines, just inexperience biting the poorly-skilled riders who shouldn't be on the course in the first place. Just because you have a 150 hp bike doesn't mean you know how to use it. A line of credit doesn't substitute for developing your skills. Those guys need to ride 250's on a shorter course to learn how to conserve speed, how to pick a line, how to trail-brake, approaching the threshold of traction without using-up their available grip while braking, turning, and accelerating.

A number of those crashes could have been ridden-through if the guy would have just released the brakes and leaned a bit-more. The most-egregious example was the guy who nailed the front brake and rode straight off the course at the corner entry. He didn't even try to lean. :confused2:

I am no skilled roadracer but I try not to write checks my skills can't cash.

Definitely "amateur day" for the motorcyclists. Too-much front brake, too-late, standing the bike up, riding straight-off the track, poor choice of lines, just inexperience biting the poorly-skilled riders who shouldn't be on the course in the first place. Just because you have a 150 hp bike doesn't mean you know how to use it. A line of credit doesn't substitute for developing your skills. Those guys need to ride 250's on a shorter course to learn how to conserve speed, how to pick a line, how to trail-brake, approaching the threshold of traction without using-up their available grip while braking, turning, and accelerating.

A number of those crashes could have been ridden-through if the guy would have just released the brakes and leaned a bit-more. The most-egregious example was the guy who nailed the front brake and rode straight off the course at the corner entry. He didn't even try to lean. :confused2:

I am no skilled roadracer but I try not to write checks my skills can't cash.

THIS! also, it seems that a lot of the cager racers were trying to drive way beyond their skill level as well. Combine the two, and it's a friggin miracle that no one was killed.

Nurburgring track times are the gold standard by which truly capable (power AND handling) cars are measured.

Lots of manufacturers use it for bragging rights just like 1/4 mile times were once used.

You can look track time records up for it and be very surprised by some of the numbers.....,

As in....you wouldn't believe how many cars costing 2-10 times as much as a 4 door Cadillac CTS-V got smoked by the V on that track.

Damn!

Not kidding about amateur hour.

I'm only referring to the numerous wrecks due to just watching someone else wreck.,.

Yep, all the performance guys are touting "our car turned a 7:10!" or less, as I think the $850,000 Porsche hybrid has a sub-seven minute time now.

'Back in the day,' there was a similar cachet to beating Brooklands in England to the lap speed of 100 mph, which earned the appellation of "Gold Star." That's where BSA, the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer in the 1920's, got the name for it's 500 single, the "Gold Star." A very versatile bike, used for all-sorts of racing, and it had a longer production run than the Gen I!

Here is a great site if you like the 'old crocks.'
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/news/story/bsa-gold-star-75th-anniversary-event-report/

Motorcycle%20Book%20(1).JPG

Nurburgring track times are the gold standard by which truly capable (power AND handling) cars are measured.

Lots of manufacturers use it for bragging rights just like 1/4 mile times were once used.

You can look track time records up for it and be very surprised by some of the numbers.....,

As in....you wouldn't believe how many cars costing 2-10 times as much as a 4 door Cadillac CTS-V got smoked by the V on that track.

Back