O.E.M. slave cyl. rebuild parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
which parts do I need to get to rebuild my slave cylinder on my 86 with O.E.M. parts?,or is the slave cyl. rebuild kit @ Python a good reliable purchase.Thanks..Dave

Dave, get the slave cylinder...not the rebuild kit. That way you only need to install. The seal comes pre-lubed.

You'll also need the little copper crush washer on the lower middle gear cover bolt and also a middle gear cover gasket. Probably a good idea to get the new washers for the banjos (3 of them) and bleed the cylinder and line with new DOT4.

Mark..thanks!I'll do that, I'm trying to go through all the seals and such on the bike and replace them,even if their not visually bad I'm sure after 23 years they've exceeded their lifespan.thanks again...Daves86-#5297(by the way,I had a burrito today)

Maleko, mind if I ask why you recommend buying the whole enchilada? I've got the slave cylinder off and am about to order the seals when I came across this. Is it going to be pretty tricky rebuilding the slave?

Also, if you have recommendations for parts suppliers, I'm all ears. I just checked with Python and their slave rebuild kit doesn't include the middle gear cover gasket, which seems a little silly to me since you're certainly not going to remove and rebuild your slave cylinder without it.

Thanks!

Just because you don't have to remove old seals, clean the cylinder bore, install new seals and lube the outer seal lip. You just pop the onld one off, swap over the banjo pipe, and put her on.

I would give Gary McCoy a call at Mondak Motors. The number is in the Links section I believe. Make sure you get the crush washer that goes on the bottom middle cover screw. New banjo bolt washers might be a good idea too.

Back