Oil gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not blaming Tom's gauge for the leaking. I believe that I caused the problem when I was removing the safety sticker from the side of the gauge. I sent it back to Tom to see if he could stop the leaking for me. I bought the gauge to keep track of my oil pressure and it worked perfectly for me other than it leaking the glycerin, which is my fault.
I am probably going to move the oil pressure up to the faux tank area once I get a 3 3/8" tach worked out to put next to the speedometer. I am going to be busy with hunting until mid december so probably not much will be happening with Redbone until after the new year.

MY GAUGE IS AWESOME ! ALL BLACKED--OUT ! WATER PUMP MOUNTED & IT IS MOUNTED AT ABOUT A 35 DEG. ANGLE , GLYCERIN FILLED , SMALL BUBBLE AT THE TOP ! :punk: I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT , IF IT WEREN'T FILLED WITH GLYCERIN ! NO FUCKING WAY !

Hey, Changed mine to a non glycerin filled gauge for about $7.00 dollars, works great and I can actually read the pressure now. You don't need glycerin filled on the oil gauge. They did not put them in cars with glycerin filled gauges back in the good ole days. Spur :bang head:

No complaints from me. No leaks at all. I skipped the fiber washer, used the subaru crush washer, and teflon tape on all threads. Time will tell if the face clouds over, in which case I'll just get a new non-filled gauge, but for now it's fine.

I got five washers at the scooby dealer(in case), used one, had no leaks, so now I've got four sitting in a little cup in the garage.

If anyone else needs one, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you one.

Otherwise, they're extremely readily available at any subaru dealer, it's for the drain plug and they get replaced every oil change, so dealers tend to have a crapload in stock. Subaru part # 11126AA000. As soon as I said 11126 he reached under the counter and pulled out a big box full of them, they were like a $1.50 each or something.

i ended up having a couple i found so i have some too, and picked some up when i was there last. i just said the 'main drain plug washer' and they pulled it out.

I just received my gauge from COO and I'm wondering why the sticker on the side of the gauge advise to pierce a hole in the rubber plug. Shouldn't the air bubble in the gauge take care of internal pressure.

I just received my gauge from COO and I'm wondering why the sticker on the side of the gauge advise to pierce a hole in the rubber plug. Shouldn't the air bubble in the gauge take care of internal pressure.

Hi,

Don't poke the plug. There should of been instructions stating to ignore the sticker on the gauge. If I were you I would once in awhile put some silicone on the plug to it doesn't dry out.

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone 1-866-358-5296
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

Hi,

Don't poke the plug. There should of been instructions stating to ignore the sticker on the gauge. If I were you I would once in awhile put some silicone on the plug to it doesn't dry out.

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone 1-866-358-5296
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

hey tom-

my oil pressure gauge came with a 65 psi gauge and i've noticed most others have a 100 psi. Why the difference?

Back