Old Style Corbin Fuel Extension Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EyeMax

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2005 with the old (flap) style corbin seat and I'd like to put together the fuel extension mod. The bike is about 250 miles away and I won't be picking it up for 2 weeks; I'd like to order what I need before getting the bike. I just wanted some info from those who have done the mod.

1. What inside diameter fuel hose do I need?
2. Do I need some kind of bonding agent at the fuel neck/hose joint or just some clamps?
3. Should I go plastic filler neck or stainless steel filler neck?

These are the items I'm looking at:
http://www.iboats.com/SeaDog-Deck-Fill/dm/cart_id.569085885--session_id.240936245--view_id.39781

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/product_12596_Fuel_Fill_Hose_11_2_Type_A.html

http://www.iboats.com/Seadog-Stainl...9085885--session_id.240936245--view_id.685916

Thanks in advance for any help.

a Lot of guys don't bolt there seat down. When its time to fuel they just pull the seat right off. It's very easy that way. Also Have you ridden the bike enough to know how well you like the corbin seat. If you like it well enough then spend the money on the mod, but There are also other alternatives that would allow easy or factory style fueling. examples would be a reshaped factory seat from morley's muscle or a maxgasser. Both are sponsors on the board.

I remove my Corbin seat to refuel. No bolts holding it in-place.

If I was gonna do the mod, one way is to just cut the neck off & use some marine fule-rated hose to reconnect the gas cap piece and the tank, at whatever length you want. Make sure you leave enough area when you cut to have room for a clamp on both. No sealant needed. I would use a 't-bolt' threaded clamp, much more secure than a hose clamp, though that would probably work.

At least 4 of us with the old style Corbin did this mod in the 90's. Still on two of the bikes. The rest (mine included) have the new version of the seat.

There was a write up on this mod in the V-Boost in the 90's. I went to a marine supply store (West Marine) and bought the lockable cap deck filler. You can get it without a lockable cap also. Went to a plumbing supply store to buy the reduction fitting that goes between the filler and the Max tank. Measure the deck filler and the Max filler neck to get the size needed. Need to buy stainless steel hose clamps to install. Also added a ground wire from the cap to the frame. The cap has a screw just for this. A safety feature for static electricity. Extremely easy install. No mods needed. There is more info on this site. Just search and you will find. :biglaugh:

That is a better idea than cutting the filler neck. I did that because my cap was frozen & to access my cap for re-use, as I replaced the tank for a new one. Once I cut the neck I could disassemble the lockable cap to remove & clean it.

I wore out my Gen 1 Corbin (with the flap) and had it recovered. When it was done, I had the guy eliminate the flap completely. Seat comes off to refuel.

Back