Other Hobby

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
As some folks here know I am into airsoft Military Simulations and am member of Team Force Recon Canada. Here is a YouTube video showing some of our training and clips from Op Pine Plains VI on Fort Drum in Watertown, NY last October. Tons of fun! Beats the crap out of video games!!! I am the guy wearing the black helmet w/tan goggles that the person doing the video follows into the first building.

http://youtu.be/Hzm0EcbHA6E

Cool Video, No Sound ?????? Bad Language on You Tube Issue or ???

I have 2 manufacturers looking for your upgrades, one is trying to become a supplier of sorts.
No solid leads but I'm still checking for you... I have not forgotten...

Dave

Yeah, our video guy likes to overdub music onto our videos. Guess that's because most of what would be being said is tough to understand as there is a ton of yelling commands, calling out targets, and yelling "Clear" as we breach the buildings. Thanks for your help buddy! Know you haven't forgotten:biglaugh: I actually just got promoted on the team to Fire Team Leader which is cool! Have been the 2IC for the Fire Team I am assigned to for a while and they want me to move up. Hopefully by the time the season starts again (yeah like motorcycling we stop for the winter mostly) we will have a full platoon strength unit! Then I get to move off to the sniper/scout team lead which is more my style rather than door kicking!!! Will have to post up some pics of my rifles some time, especially my M4 SPR with all the cool MagPul stuff:eusa_dance:

Jim, looks like a shitload of fun as well as being excellent exercise....nothing like getting shot at to trim you right down!! :eek:h yeah:

Dave, nice piece, looks very manageable for a .45....definitely would love to own one! Just so happens I load that round so it's almost destiny!! :biglaugh:

Jim, looks like a shitload of fun as well as being excellent exercise....nothing like getting shot at to trim you right down!! :eek:h yeah:

Dave, nice piece, looks very manageable for a .45....definitely would love to own one! Just so happens I load that round so it's almost destiny!! :biglaugh:

It's a blast!!! One thing about the big MilSims is that they are a "Total Immersion" event which is about as intense as you can get without real bullets flying at you. We use one of the MOUT sites (although it sounds like we may have access to all 9 this spring at OPP 7) on Fort Drum and they are blasting Hadji music, screams, machine gun fire, etc. over the loud speakers as well as having 6 "artillery" simulators, propane cannons, firing all the time and the hand grenades, filled with dried peas, exploding all over really make it as real as it gets. 24hrs of little sleep, lots of movement, shooting and getting shot, and adrenaline make it a great time:biglaugh:

It's a blast!!! One thing about the big MilSims is that they are a "Total Immersion" event which is about as intense as you can get without real bullets flying at you. We use one of the MOUT sites (although it sounds like we may have access to all 9 this spring at OPP 7) on Fort Drum and they are blasting Hadji music, screams, machine gun fire, etc. over the loud speakers as well as having 6 "artillery" simulators, propane cannons, firing all the time and the hand grenades, filled with dried peas, exploding all over really make it as real as it gets. 24hrs of little sleep, lots of movement, shooting and getting shot, and adrenaline make it a great time
biglaugh.gif

MAN OH MAN THAT DOES SOUND LIKE A HOOT AND A HOLLA!!!!

GotDayum.gif

do you actually shoot other people with airsoft guns or is it target? does it penetrate/sting as much or less than a paintball?

It's a blast!!! One thing about the big MilSims is that they are a "Total Immersion" event which is about as intense as you can get without real bullets flying at you. We use one of the MOUT sites (although it sounds like we may have access to all 9 this spring at OPP 7) on Fort Drum and they are blasting Hadji music, screams, machine gun fire, etc. over the loud speakers as well as having 6 "artillery" simulators, propane cannons, firing all the time and the hand grenades, filled with dried peas, exploding all over really make it as real as it gets. 24hrs of little sleep, lots of movement, shooting and getting shot, and adrenaline make it a great time:biglaugh:

fort drum you say? played for their rugby team for many a years.

do you actually shoot other people with airsoft guns or is it target? does it penetrate/sting as much or less than a paintball?

Yep, we shoot people. Although we also do IPSC style pistol and CQB rifle competitions as well. We use 6mm bb's that can weigh from .2-.3 grams on average. Most fields limit the velocity to ~400fps for most rifles with Designated Marksman Rifles (DMR) being allowed up to 450fps with a minimum engagment distance (MED) of 50ft and sniper rifles being allowed up to 500fps with an MED of 100ft. They sting like hell when they hit if they get you on bare skin or on the combat shirt and I have had several bleeders where the bb broke the skin. They don't hit as hard as a paintball, but the guns are more accurate and we have a much longer range. Have a couple of scars on my back where a punk ass kid unloaded a full auto burst into my back from 10ft. Unfortunately I was carrying my SPR, which is a sniper class weapon, or I would have returned the favor!!!!

Geez, Dave, some firepower there! I didn't count, but is that ~20 rounds he fires? Maybe he even said it and I didn't pay attention! Is it similar to a Bullpup?

Here's a cool video done by Ron Williams. This was over the weekend... He and I went to the
range last Thursday so I didn't see this live. That barrel was still 7.5" the day we went....

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-t6yJq8PM

30 Round Grease Gun Mag. This set up's for a time when Air Soft simply won't do...
Jim's getting a lot of great training should the need ever arise....

A couple of pictures of my airsoft guns, not including my pistol. Show my G36C, M4 SPR, and M4 SSR.

Attachments

• IMG_3692.jpg
    IMG_3692.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3695.jpg
    IMG_3695.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3700.jpg
    IMG_3700.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
  • M4 SSR.jpg
    M4 SSR.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 14
  • M4 SSR 2.jpg
    M4 SSR 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11
Very nice Jim.... If my body was still able, I'd be doing the same. Too many metal parts inside me now to play that hard...

Hmm, had no idea people got this involved with it, suppose every hobby has it's extreme though. Don't "replica" guns have to have those orange things on the barrel? Or is that un-cool and everybody takes them off?

I've played paintball a few times, when some friends convinced me to go with them. I seemed to get shot exclusively in the hands or balls. I didn't feel the need to rush out and buy a setup...especially when I saw how much paintball/airsoft equipment costs. Holy crap. You can buy a damn nice air rifle, or even decent real gun for far less than even a "middle of the road" paintball marker setup costs.

If I want to "go to war", I'll do it from the comfort of a mouse and keyboard, haha. Then ammo is free.

Fort Drum is a bit over an hour from my house.....

Give me a shout when you are in the area....meet for coffee or whatever...

And by golly that looks like pure unadulterated FUN!!!!!!!!:punk::punk:

Fort Drum is a bit over an hour from my house.....

Give me a shout when you are in the area....meet for coffee or whatever...

And by golly that looks like pure unadulterated FUN!!!!!!!!:punk::punk:

I will be there in the spring. Not sure yet, but it may interfere with the Brownie Run:confused2:

Back