Owner's Manual/Reg. Cards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89max

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new, 1st post actually, just bought my 89 Max on Thursday (7/3/08) and all I can say is WOW!!!! It's everything I had hoped it would be and wow. I moved up from an 83 920 Midnight Virago, so, it's a bit of a change. Here's my question, and it may be stupid or obvious, but I can't figure it out.

Where does the owner's manual go? And where do you keep your reg. cards/insurance cards? The P.O. just handed me the manual, and I can't find anywhere on the entire bike where it should go. I assume that it should have a place somewhere to reside on the bike?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think the manual has a location but I put my reg and ins in a ziplock and put it in the tool pouch space to the rear of the fuel cap under the rear seat.

I put my reg. and ins. papers in a zip bag right behind the air box and infornt of the overflow tank. the owners manual is in the computer memory.
Lew

I've seen a guy keep the reg. papers/card in the plastic cover that the insurance company gives you and then just put a sticker/magnet on it and kept it on the under side of the faux tank.

Insurance in my wallet, registration in the file drawer at home,

You don't have to have the reg. papers with you in Texas, they have these things called computers and radios where they can call their dispatch and find out if it's current or not:rofl_200:

In reality they are close to doing that with insurance as well, right now they can already call into a state database and check to see if the ins. card is for real or not, there's talk about not even having to carry it at all......

Latest posts

Back