part number help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
hey guys,I need some help.Saturday I laid my bike down into some mud and grass.A deer jumped out in a sharp turnand I just ran out of pavement,damn near made it but highsided the burm and I was sling shotted about 30 feet into the woods and landed against a creek bank.The bike mearly flipped over onto the right side and stuck into the mud.

I ended up with bruised ribs on my right side.I picked the bike up and rode home,then I noticed parts missing and drove back to pick them up.

The faux tank is dented,bars bent,both throttle cables broken,right scoop smashed flat,speedo cover smashed,headlight ring smashed,the front turnsignal mounting thing snapped in half and the turn signal wires ripped out.Other than that it is in pretty good shape.

I need help finding part numbers for an 88 max for the thing that the front turn signals mount to(aluminum),Head light visor,and engine guards.
I have good coverage on this bike and me so everything will be fine.My insurance guy is coming thursday to look it over,I am trying to help him with the part numbers and retail prices. Thank you, Shawn

Ok,I found the visor and engine guard part numbers and prices.

I still have no idea what the aluminum front turn signal mount is called or where to find it in the yamaha parts listings.

Last edited:
Damn man, glad you are OK! :stretche: There's a guy on a local board that hit a deer last summer and wrote his bike off. Wish I could help you with the part numbers, have you tried Tyler?

deerhunter.jpg

Mark,What schematic did you find this on?I still can't find it or what it is called.

I am mostly upset about smashing my scoop that Sean Morley chromed for me and the stainless flame insert that my wife bought me.

I got a good look at that deer,I have a 300 ultra mag bullet with his name on it! LOL!,ouch.

It will be better than ever when I'm done but the first thing That is getting ordered is a Nissan/Toteko caliper conversion kit from John Furbur.2 pot old style vmax brakes do not cut it when you really need them!I recommend this to everyone who has an older vmax!

Latest posts

Back