PCW Chain Drive 1570

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in one of his early post which is now gone, " the p.o. had the nos in place and did not use it that offend cuz the bike so fast." So that tells me that he got the bike with some of the mods already done on the bike, not saying that he did not do more to it. It does all add up when you tally the receipts. But like I said just because you spent that much on it does not mean your going to get it back out of it. And just because you may want $$$ for it does not mean anyone will pay $$$ for it. Everyone is looking for a deal, while some are looking for a steal.
Now looking at the
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21039
I am pretty sure we all can see that there is a lot of $$ in this bike. And if you count his own time in design and fab there is a lot more $$ there

Hmmm i getting sad... No one talks about my money pits... :confused2::tantrum:

i wonder too if he did a slow build. ie, did a 1260 engine, then a 13xx then a 1428 then a 1570 and factored in the full build of each of those engines, instead of going straight to the 1570?

Probably. That's the only way it's got $60K in it. Probably every dime he'd ever spent on it including oil changes.

There is no way in hell had he done this build from a bare chassis would it cost half that much. Anyone want one just like it?

Sean

He kept calling it a stroker,....They could build anything of course but the 1570's that PCW typically builds are massive (78mm) overbores running stock stroke.....With a longer rod, which does nothing to the stroke, just moves the piston pin higher in the bore so that the angular push against the side of the bore isn't so bad when the crank is coming out of BDC.......

Was waiting for someone to call out the "stroker" claim. Also, there are more benefits to a long rod other than just cyl. wall side loading.

My guess is that the previous owner put the money into the drive train. The previous owner probably took a big hit when he sold it.

Bottom line it's a heavily modified engine, that's used and who's knows how much abused. Since it's not a new/ fresh build, the value is less than it would cost to do a new build.

Also, there are more benefits to a long rod other than just cyl. wall side loading.

Yes there are I just found out, after you pointed that out I went hunting....

...can anyone say dwell time?

Seems to be a controversial issue out there tho' as to how important it really is

Rod length/ratio is highly controversial because of the benefits and trade-offs that are associated with it. Controversial as it may be Indy motors have long friggin rods, make a ton of power (non-naturally aspirated), spin high RPM all day and live. And those guys have bottomless pockets. There are real trade-offs though and you could literally write a book about it. As for me, long rodded, over-squared motors rock!!

I kept my bike.
+1
:punk:
I still think that your ride is cool looking, sure it is fast too. Sorry you did not get what you wanted for it. With everyone running with short on cash these days, it is hard to sell things. Good luck with your GENll project.

Back