Plasti-dip front wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I posted in my thread about the front rotor buttons about this but figured I'd start a thread of its own. I have stock wheels and want black wheels, mine aren't in the best shape so I'm going to plasti-dip them. I used it on other parts and car wheels and think it's looks pretty good. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's pretty cool stuff because it comes off super easy and doesn't mess up anything, even paint. I am also going to do the front fork lowers. Here's a picture of its current condition and I'll post one when its done in the next few days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 63
So here is just plain flat black plasti-dip. I put painters tape over the bearings on the wheel and over the fork seals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 62
For some reason I can't post multiple pictures At one time. Next step is applying a plasti-dip gloss top coat. I personally like the look of it. The stuff is pretty durable and easy to use! And like I said on a previous post, the best part of it is it's so easy to remove! Opinions and questions welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Here's a picture of the wheel with the gloss top coat. It looks pretty similar to before but in person you can tell a difference. And yes it's on the tire but it comes off really easy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
Nice! I would love to see some pics at the end of this season to see how the stuff holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put it on the wheels and grill on my truck 8 months and roughly 15k miles ago, it's held up good so far! I also put it on the grab bar on my Vmax around 6-7 months ago and it's still perfect. I'm really thinking about doing the front fender, tank, scoops and rear fender. Worst case scenario I don't like it and pull it off. Probably only cost me $20-$30 and 2 hrs time.

I haven't got them rebalanced but I really don't think so. It's basically spray paint. Here's the finished product....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 41
Another one, can't post 2 at once for some stupid reason. And I also decided to do the front fender. So the wheel, forks, and fender were done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Those gaiters do look pretty cool! Has anyone seen a fairing that looks like the ones that you see on a lot of dyna's? But for a Vmax. I think they are called a bullet fairing? Kind of the so called "club" look.
So for my next project is going to be the rear wheel and swing arm. Don't know temp wise how hot plasti-dip can get before it peels but it can be used on car wheels no problem.

I plasti-dipped my air scoops in June 2015 just in case I wanted to go back to stock. It is holding up well so I may end up using it on the pegs and swingarm instead of powder coat. (bonus pic of my fork gaiters too)

307tf1v.jpg

I haven't got them rebalanced but I really don't think so. It's basically spray paint. Here's the finished product....

Looks pretty good.

I like the idea (that it can be removed), that way you can try all sorts of crazy stuff, It Just seems that from what ive seen (internet only) that its not very glossy.

I would hit up that radiator grill too while your at it though. (pic in post #9)
Mine looked just like yours -before I painted it.

Nice work tho.

I still have quite a few things I want to do... Work in progress. I think if you are looking for a black high gloss factory paint look then plasti-dip wouldn't be your best bet. I used the gloss top coat and it says the more coats you do, glossier it will be. But I wasn't going for that look. Buy a can of whatever color you want and a can of the gloss top coat and give a shot!

Latest posts

Back