Please read.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Hit a duck today, it was raining & they tend to usualy fly low in the rain. doing about 50 mph, smacked the windshield HARD!! towards the right hand side. made quite a bit of racket and I could tell right away that the impact did'nt kill it right off....22yrs of rideing street bikes & I still yellped like a whipped pup.
Anything can happen & we put ourselves in the line of fire just pulling out of the driveway.. few non-riders realize that there are literaly no minor accidents on a scooter!! I won't stop ridin any time soon, and I hope you don't iether. try as much as you can to follow your own advice that you give the new fish on two wheels...
By the way....I was thankfully in my truck, niether bike has a windshield...But it made me think, & I hope it does you to,, thanx all...

Shorthair88.........

it,s been quite a few yrs ago i run over a turtle took me for one hell of a ride ,i owned a pickup ,chose to ride the bike,never hit a turtle!the good news we both lived thru it

I hit a pelican back in the 90's in a 1 ton work van - made a helluva thump. Sure as hell would have knocked me off a bike. Also I've seen airplane crashes lately from birds being sucked into engines. The obvious answer to me is a year-round open hunting season on all birds. We can cull the herd & put meat on the table at the same time. Plus Lankee would then have more in his freezer than just coyote burgers...:biglaugh:

i hit a dead opossum going over 100 giving it hell one time. Couldnt avoid it. It was like hitting a ramp because i caught air on both wheels. When i landed the bike got really shitty started tank slapping and the ass end was wondering around, scared me badly. Luckily no damage to me or the bike other than the smell of rotton possum

If i would have had a piece of coal up my ass i woulda made diamonds!

i had a bird dive bomb into my '05 yzf when i was learning to ride... scared the shit outa me.. luckily i was going like 45 and was able to keep it in a straight line.

also just hit a dog a month or so ago on the bike going 35 mph ish.. i posted it up somewhere...

i hit a dead opossum going over 100 giving it hell one time. Couldnt avoid it. It was like hitting a ramp because i caught air on both wheels. When i landed the bike got really shitty started tank slapping and the ass end was wondering around, scared me badly. Luckily no damage to me or the bike other than the smell of rotton possum

If i would have had a piece of coal up my ass i woulda made diamonds!

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
That's funny as hell, Clintard. I clobbered a dead possum too on my way home once. Was only going about 50 so I got a little air, no tank slapping or ass end wandering, but it still scared the shit outta me. I didn't make any diamonds, but did produce a little trouser chili.

Back