Polaris Slingshot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfb42

Reaction score
I don't know how many people have seen this thing being advertised yet, but you can see on the newsfeed here that they are advertising it as a "three-wheeled motorcycle"

Now I don't know about you but I generally have an issue with Can-ams already but still wave just in case one of our disabled vets has one and I would rather wave to a lazy poser by accident than disrepect one of our military veterans.

Secondly, any disabled vet or senior citizen that can no longer ride on two wheels still gets the bike they want and do a trike conversion versus a Can-am.

Finally, this Polaris 'thing' is NOT a motorcycle! I WILL NOT wave to someone DRIVING this thing while I am RIDING my Vmax. The best they may get from me is flipping them the bird for being retarded thinking they actually bought a motorcycle.

That's it, love or hate it all you want.

I am a VN vet and 70 yo (been riding since 1958). At some point I will probable have to abandon two wheels. Not looking forward to it. Probably will go with something like a Miata though since leaning into curves is one of the joys of riding. Without that, don't see the point of three wheels. However, I am not prejudiced against anyone's preference. To each his/her own.

I am a VN vet and 70 yo (been riding since 1958). At some point I will probable have to abandon two wheels. Not looking forward to it. Probably will go with something like a Miata though since leaning into curves is one of the joys of riding. Without that, don't see the point of three wheels. However, I am not prejudiced against anyone's preference. To each his/her own.

I agree with Don. Eventually, everyone's two-wheel days will end. Then what, if you still want the wind in your face?
The Can-Ams are becoming very popular, and many owners appear to be elderly, ex-bikers. But they continue to have fun!
As for me, I think I'd prefer a V-max hack . Lots of room for touring supplies.
As for waving, I wave at everybody, regardless of what they are riding. A little gesture that breaks the ice, often leading to some dandy friendships!
Try it!
Cheers

Attachments

• hot-girls-on-bicycles-57.jpg
    hot-girls-on-bicycles-57.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 71
I agree with Don. Eventually, everyone's two-wheel days will end. Then what, if you still want the wind in your face?
The Can-Ams are becoming very popular, and many owners appear to be elderly, ex-bikers. But they continue to have fun!
As for waving, I wave at everybody, regardless of what they are riding. A little gesture that breaks the ice, often leading to some dandy friendships!
Try it!
Cheers

Notice none of those girls are sitting down.... With those seats and what they are wearing, might be a little distracting for them. :biglaugh:

I don't mind that it's 3 wheeled. I like the concept. They probably skirt all-kinds of manufacturing regulations because they "lost a wheel." Pretty-clever, actually, and the price ain't bad. Plus, those engines came from GM turbocharged, too. Sounds like a good project for hop-ups. I would want to see one in-person, but it looks OK to me.

Look-up the Ariel Atom on youtube, a motorcycle-engine street ride which in at-least one version used a Yamaha 1000 cc sportbike engine.

Try it!
Cheers
It dosent matter to me what anyone rides.Some harley riders snub me becuase i am riding the max .Were all bikers.And it's just a good jesture to wave.No skin off me either way.I always wave.

Looks cool to me and as far as Harley riders go I was tailing one the other day he waved me up so we ran side by side for a while I thought he was an ok dude so I did a nice cat walk for him at the next stop he gave me the thumbs up when we split way's :biglaugh: good egg in my book! lol

My Father was a biker all his life until my Mother got pregnant with me and they needed a little extra space for the pregnant wife and the soon to be newborn. They couldn't afford a car back then in the late fifties so Dad did the the best he could with the money available and strapped a side car onto his Ariel Red Hunter to carry my Mum and me. Is this really any different to the needs of a (possibly) disabled Vet or other rider ? So long as you have your head in the wind it's all good with me.
Get off the "I can't bothered waving" bollocks. Three wheels are probably more exposed and dangerous than two and I'll wager that most of those folks who ride Polaris wish they had the minerals to ride a two wheeler.

Chris.

Eh..looks kinda cool..

To me tho..theres always something that looks.."wrong" about 2 wheels in front and 1 in back.

Jmo.

And..I wave to everyone. ..I notice hardly riders wave back the least.
IME..ymmv..etc..

Back in 1943 when my Mom was pregnant with me, my Dad put a sidecar on his Harley when she started showing. I was riding motorcycles before I was born. :biglaugh:

Might explain my obsession since I have been riding since 1958. At some point as mentioned earlier, I may no longer be able to ride two wheels. Not looking forward to that. :(

Like a dog with his head out the car window , I enjoyed the wind in my face at an early age. It doesn't matter how many wheels it has , If I'm riding , and I'm not in a curve ala The Dragon , or going too fast for conditions , I'll wave. ( I'm hoping it won't be a clown car ) :punk:

Attachments

• H.D., Mom and ME -- July 1950.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 14
I don't know how many people have seen this thing being advertised yet, but you can see on the newsfeed here that they are advertising it as a "three-wheeled motorcycle"

Now I don't know about you but I generally have an issue with Can-ams already but still wave just in case one of our disabled vets has one and I would rather wave to a lazy poser by accident than disrepect one of our military veterans.

Secondly, any disabled vet or senior citizen that can no longer ride on two wheels still gets the bike they want and do a trike conversion versus a Can-am.

Finally, this Polaris 'thing' is NOT a motorcycle! I WILL NOT wave to someone DRIVING this thing while I am RIDING my Vmax. The best they may get from me is flipping them the bird for being retarded thinking they actually bought a motorcycle.

That's it, love or hate it all you want.

Damn you sound like a Harley rider

It dosent matter to me what anyone rides.Some harley riders snub me becuase i am riding the max .Were all bikers.And it's just a good jesture to wave.No skin off me either way.I always wave.

Me too!! I always wave irregardless....hell I've even waved at riders on those big scooters, thinking to myself, "If they can ride that, why not get a real bike??"

I highly doubt anyone would buy this and think it's the same as a motorcycle. I bet it's pretty fun to drive, and since the traction control can be turned off (unlike on a can-am), it can be tail happy in corners. The motor they use has a lot of hop up potential, though the big problem there is actually getting it to the ground through one tire.

The "three whee motorcycle" is more of a legal label, since the only classification for a three wheel vehicle is as a trike in most states- meaning you'd have to have a MC license and wear a helmet.

I WILL NOT wave to someone DRIVING this thing while I am RIDING my Vmax. The best they may get from me is flipping them the bird for being retarded thinking they actually bought a real motorcycle

Definitely sounds like something that would come from an HD elitist

Like I said hate it or love it all you want, I personally won't recognize something you sit in and steer with a wheel as a motorcycle. That's all I'm saying. To each their own

My Father was a biker all his life until my Mother got pregnant with me and they needed a little extra space for the pregnant wife and the soon to be newborn. They couldn't afford a car back then in the late fifties so Dad did the the best he could with the money available and strapped a side car onto his Ariel Red Hunter to carry my Mum and me. Is this really any different to the needs of a (possibly) disabled Vet or other rider ? So long as you have your head in the wind it's all good with me.
Get off the "I can't bothered waving" bollocks. Three wheels are probably more exposed and dangerous than two and I'll wager that most of those folks who ride Polaris wish they had the minerals to ride a two wheeler.

Chris.

I fail to comprehend how a trike or a motorcycle with a sidecar due to financial issues compares to my statement regarding a 3 wheel vehicle with a steering wheel that costs over $20k.

I would wave, pull up next to them, and ask to ride around with them. It seems fun. But I wave to bicyclists from my motorcycle because I ride pedal bikes, too.

Latest posts

Back