polishing the scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scoop's on a gen two look about as good as you can get a scoop to look without chrome and i would still take them off and chrome them because it would look so much cleaner and deeper.

Also if you do chrome them make sure you stay with your scoop's unless they suck or you could get a slightly tweak scoop that don't fit as well. Make sure they get polished copper and nickle before chroming because it holds up better and has a deeper look to it. I went with Sean's chrome scoop because it was faster to get them done and price was in the middle to get it done. all in all nice set of scoop's.

Sean's scoop's.

Attachments

• Mike_Side1-1.jpg
    Mike_Side1-1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 34
Chrome won't get you home...:biglaugh:

I much prefer the look of polished or brushed aluminum....to me with chrome you lose all the detail in the parts....just looks like a bunch of reflections.

On a show bike or car, chrome can be really nice if done tastefully. I particularly like the look of Black paint and Chrome. I like black chrome a well.

I like black also but I would still do black chrome because it's so much cleaner looking powder coat black though I have seen it in silver powder coat and it reminds me of a mag rim powder coated silver pickup truck or something just don't look right kinda like a silver painted muscle scoop. I guess Chrome looks more customized to me

the hard part about doing Chrome on a gen 1 Vmax is the costI understand it's hard to justify that much money on muscle scoop when you can powder coat for less and still have a good look

It just dont get any better than chrome. I looked at all the scope's you guy's just posted and said to myself the scope's dont even come close to looking as good as chrome. The vmax looks so much better with chrome scoop's i dont know why the factory would go with anything but chrome. Or black chrome. Let's see someone post a set of chrome one's and you will see what im talking about.

Here ya go.

Attachments

• Rollies '90 at the Monticello Square 2.jpg
    Rollies '90 at the Monticello Square 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 34
It just dont get any better than chrome. I looked at all the scope's you guy's just posted and said to myself the scope's dont even come close to looking as good as chrome. The vmax looks so much better with chrome scoop's i dont know why the factory would go with anything but chrome. Or black chrome. Let's see someone post a set of chrome one's .and you will see what im talking about.[/QUOT

here's some more pics

Attachments

• 20140809_105129.jpg
    20140809_105129.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20140809_105141.jpg
    20140809_105141.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27
Here's mine. I like the chrome look best. I went to all the trouble of polishing the scoops on my '93. It looked good, but can't compare to the chrome. Polishing is probably much cheaper though.

Attachments

• facebook-20130613-212147.jpg
    facebook-20130613-212147.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 32
Chrome is excellent , unless you're going for a different overall theme such as Black & Carbon Fiber .

Attachments

• Rollies '98 VMax 11.jpg
    Rollies '98 VMax 11.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 23
Back