Post for Kloker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Testing.

Attachments

• kloker_test1.jpg
    kloker_test1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • kloker_test2.jpg
    kloker_test2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 27
Pretty hideous, but I like the pipe. Anyone know what it is?

It's someone's version of ram air. There's a screen on the end.

Mark

Thanks Mark,After seeing it on a bike I do not like it anymore.It would be kinda hard to get tucked in for triple digit runs.Kinda like flying a kite in a tornado!.

The boys from NYC have some pretty cool scoops that stick out the sides of the faux tank towards the front.I have never seen them for sale anywhere.

Look at mrmax in the garage.He has the airscoops on his cover that I am talking about.Anyone ever saw these for sale anywhere?

Last edited:
I would bet that this scoop would help mid and top end performance.I don't know about you guys but I was really bummed after getting my max home and finding out the scoops are fake.

yeah same here i felt like i lost my balls when i found out they were just for looks :( there has GOT to be a way to make the scoops functional, i think it would be cool as hell if someone designed it like the big blowers on cars with flaps that opened and closed on the front of the scoops when u give it throttle.

I would bet that this scoop would help mid and top end performance.I don't know about you guys but I was really bummed after getting my max home and finding out the scoops are fake.

Yeah, same here Shawn. I remember hearing that ram air doesn't work too well with stock carbs because they're too small. That's why the early R1's used 40mm Mikuni carbs.

Mark

Talk to John Baltera I think I saw the same RAM air scoops on his bike. He may be custom making them himself.

I bought a Vmax because it looked like a Vmax... I changed it a little but as far as I am concerned it still looks very much like a Vmax.

I have a sport bike and I am sure as hell not going to make it look like an F'n cruiser...

Last edited:
Yamaha designers take note "Make the stock air-scoops functional" some riders are desperate.

Back