problem max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deh1023vmaxer

Reaction score
o.k. I fire up my 06 max and it misses. After it stalls out the servo motor for the v-boost keeps going on and off and the tach goes up and down. Any help would be appreciated:bang head:

is the engine revving w/the tac going up and down? sounds eletrical of sorts. didn't just install a sassy or anything eh?

no the tach moves up and down after it stalls I just pulled the plugs and they were fouled I washed it yesterday and it startedrunning funny don't know if that has anything to do with it

Looks like a problems with v-boost control module, black box under the left scoop. Try to disconnect that box and see what happend.
Also you may try to start the bike without the tacho and others signal lights.

The v-boost black bos electrical connector is close to the box. Ther're to of them. One is round and goes to servo and second one is square and this is and +12, GND and signal from tacho. Disconnect that square.

There are an two tacho, signals light etc connectors. One is red and another is withe. They are located under left neck cover.

ok disconnected vboost changed plugs it fired up but is still missing and I think it just fouled the plugs white smoke coming out of right exhaust after it stalls tach jumps around a little bit :confused2:

Take all the electrical plugs apart and spray some WD-40 in them to displace the moisture. My guess is you have some moisture in a plug and perhaps in the fuel... I would get a can of Seafoam and put some in the tank as well to help dry the fuel.

no the tach moves up and down after it stalls I just pulled the plugs and they were fouled I washed it yesterday and it startedrunning funny don't know if that has anything to do with it

My bet is that it has everything to do with it...

If I am not careful when I wash my '86 with a power washer, it runs like shit for about 24 hours after the wash.

Hand rubbing with a light rinse = no issues.

Someday I'll track down the culprit... But not today. :rofl_200:

When ever I take off a plug on my bikes I put dielectric grease in the connectors to help reduce the possibility of this happening. Everyone would be smart to follow suit.

It's cheap insurance IMO. If this happened away from home when riding in the rain it would suck big ones...

Spray WD-40 in the plug caps as well.

Chris

kick stand safety switch maybe??

they will act up when wet....

I took all the electrical connectors apart and sprayed them with contact cleaner waited a day or two and then it started to run again. This same thing happened last summer and the voltage dropped so low it trashed my starter clutch. Is this a common problem with the max? I only have 12000 miles on it and I am having all kinds of issues with it.

:bang head:

Back