Problem with dropping bike down on forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partenr

Reaction score
I dropped my 2007 down 1-1/2" on the fork tubes. WOW! What a difference in handling. I prefer it big time. The only problem is that now the clutch and brake lines are in a permanently bowed position and sitting against the radiator, where they will surely rub the paint off of the radiatior grill. I can only imagine how tweaked they get when I hit the front stopper.

Does anyone know the travel on the forks? I'm a little concerened that I am going to smash the triple clamps into the fork seals in a panic stop (or a stoppy) :banana: .

I just KNEW there was going to be a catch to this super simple & quick mod!

I suppose the only solution is to buy shorter lines. Anyone know if they are readily available for this application?

Re: Problem with dropping bike down on shocks

Mine are dropped 2 inches and the Vmax Galfer lines I'm running aren't touching anything... I just ran them a bit differently.

What's the travel of the front suspension?? Felt like 17 inches to me...:surprise:

I went with all Race-Tech internals and the change is amazing.

Maybe I'm a dumb head, but I don't know what a "Galfer" is :ummm: .

The only application they show is '85-'03

Maybe I'm a dumb head, but I don't know what a "Galfer" is :ummm: .

"But Sandy, if we kill all the galfers, they're gonna lock us up and throw away the key!"

(Sorry... old "CaddyShack" line... couldn't resist!) :coolgleamA:

Back