Prosport Blue/White Oil Pressure Gauge-52mm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Just received my gauge, WOW, very elegant & well built, much nicer than autometer gauges, when off its black turn it on & it goes full needle sweep test, you have two back light color options blue & white very visible in day light, the electrical sender needed to be painted black so its not sticking out, no high pressure oil lines to worry about.
all in all I am impressed with its quality & elegant looks, paid $55.00 shipped which is very reasonable.

http://prosportgauges.com/

Very Cool stuff, I saved a shortcut so I can look this site over good... Thanx.

Really nice looking. Are they water proof or resistant? How did you mount it?

when using the mounting cup it becomes water proof, you can't submerge it in water but if it rains on the face of the gauge yes it is water proof.

I've already got too much stuff on my handlebars...people say it looks like a space shuttle control panel.

I have Tom's oil pressure gauge, which is an old fashioned mechanical one. It's never leaked a drop, the high pressure line is braided SS and then coated, and the bracket is perfect. I wish it would light up at night but not really a big problem.

I used a SAGA digital gauge for water temperature. It was like $60 shipped off ebay. It does the "sweep" and such on startup, can be programmed to flash and/or beep at a certain high temperature. I filled the two unused connectors in the back with silicone and just let it be. Been rained on/washed several times, no ill effects. It is sheltered mostly when riding by the handlebars and flyscreen anyway. It's also a stepper motor gauge, so the needle has zero vibration or bounce....something only the super high end autometer's have that cost 3x as much.

I've already got too much stuff on my handlebars...people say it looks like a space shuttle control panel.

I have Tom's oil pressure gauge, which is an old fashioned mechanical one. It's never leaked a drop, the high pressure line is braided SS and then coated, and the bracket is perfect. I wish it would light up at night but not really a big problem.

I used a SAGA digital gauge for water temperature. It was like $60 shipped off ebay. It does the "sweep" and such on startup, can be programmed to flash and/or beep at a certain high temperature. I filled the two unused connectors in the back with silicone and just let it be. Been rained on/washed several times, no ill effects. It is sheltered mostly when riding by the handlebars and flyscreen anyway. It's also a stepper motor gauge, so the needle has zero vibration or bounce....something only the super high end autometer's have that cost 3x as much.

one good location to mount such gauges is the turn signal posts at the headlight crown, it puts them in a comfortable line of sight & is less clutter at the handle bar. if interested I can post some photos of mounting a gauge at this location.

After looking at the sender size (big) it looks kinda dangerous to install it at the location of the plug, it will stick out & can be clipped & broken, another option is to use a 90* 1/8th NPT but with vibration & the weight of the sender if placed horizontal might work it self loose, this remote hose extension allows safe remote installation of the sender.

http://prosportgauges.com/remote-oil-pressure-sender-installation-kit.aspx

Just received my gauge, WOW, very elegant & well built, much nicer than autometer gauges, when off its black turn it on & it goes full needle sweep test, you have two back light color options blue & white very visible in day light, the electrical sender needed to be painted black so its not sticking out, no high pressure oil lines to worry about.
all in all I am impressed with its quality & elegant looks, paid $55.00 shipped which is very reasonable.

http://prosportgauges.com/
Can you tell me the model number of the one you bought?.

Does this fit the threaded hole that the oil plug goes into and did you need to get your own wire to rig it up?.Isanything else needed for the install?.Do you have any pics of this on your bike?.

Back