quality jackets, big sizes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool1442

Reaction score
Greets All,

Id like to buy a new riding jacket, and am interested in something that has some kind of removable cold weather liner, and some kind vent system for hot weather. Im not crazy about black leather, had one, just too hot. Id like to try a synthetic fabic model and ..oh yeah.. needs to be avaiable in XXXL LONG. Im not looking for the very cheapest thing out there, Ill pay for good quality and good fit. Oh yeah I dont want any freeking safety orange or puke Kawasaki green colors nor any Harley wear. They make good stuff in big sizes, but I do have my pride! ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP PLEASE?

Greets All,

Id like to buy a new riding jacket, and am interested in something that has some kind of removable cold weather liner, and some kind vent system for hot weather. Im not crazy about black leather, had one, just too hot. Id like to try a synthetic fabic model and ..oh yeah.. needs to be avaiable in XXXL LONG. Im not looking for the very cheapest thing out there, Ill pay for good quality and good fit. Oh yeah I dont want any freeking safety orange or puke Kawasaki green colors nor any Harley wear. They make good stuff in big sizes, but I do have my pride! ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP PLEASE?

http://www.newenough.com/

+1 to Newenough.com! I bought my jacket there and can vouch for their service. I ordered my jacket and it was a little tight fitting so I sent it back and ordered the next size larger. I wear a Joe Rocket Sonic 3XL that has fabric panels that cover mesh panels that run from the inside of the wrist and goes up the inside of the arm, then continues down the side widening to a 6' wide mesh panel down to the waist band. We don't have a lot of hot weather here but it flows a lot of air in the right spots. It also has a vest type liner that works down to 30 degrees, at least for me.
It cost me the return shipping to get the right jacket. I live in a rural area and would have to travel 3 to 4 hours to try on jackets. With the price of gas the price of return shipping was a bargain.

Last edited:
I've had a bunch of jackets, and my favorite brand is Dainese (sp)? Coolest in the summer, warmest in the winter...and with armor. Sorry, don't know if they come in your size, or not. A pure mesh jacket is still a little cooler, though.

I have a mesh jacket with a liner. In the cooler weather, (60 degrees and under) I have to wear more layers than I feel I should. I'm really wanting an Icon Leather, but man those are pricey.

I have a tour master one and really like it. it is 4X(I am husky lol) do not know if they make it in long. It has a removable liner actualy 2 different ones. It unzips down to a mesh jacket for summer ridding. I have used it from 28 deg(not very far) to 110 deg. It was very comfy on a long ride I took that diped to 36 deg. check them out..

I have a Mesh Tourmaster also.
I love it. It has both a waterproof liner that comes out and a cold weather liner that comes out too.
So in the heat here in Florida the mesh with the armor is perfect. Keeps the sun off my skin and lets air flow through like I wasn't wearing a jacket at all.

CoreTech and Toumaster are the same company and the CoreTech is a damn nice jacket to say the least. Amazing venting and it comes with a zip out thinsulate liner for the cold weather. I highly recommend them. Armor galore too. I have a Bates mesh jacket for the hot summer riding.

I am a huge fan of First Gear / Hein Gericke apparel.

I know you said you don't want leather but it's worth a 2nd look. Mine is very well vented - cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And you can get brown if you want... Do yourself a favor and look into: http://www.foxcreekleather.com/

These are not the cheapest and you may be waiting for weeks - but they are hand made to order to your specific body dimensions and the folks at Fox Creek warranty them for life. Their customer service is OUTSTANDING. They also sell great bags, belts etc.

I just picked up an Alpinestars Stage Perforated jacket, comes with winter liner and when it is removed the entire front panel is perforated. It has not gotten real hot yet. We did have 100 degree days and I rode for about a half hour felt pretty good. I am 6'2'' and 260 lbs. I bought a size 54 u.s. which is a 64 euro. It felt realy to big for me so I returned it for a 52u.s. 62 euro. So far I like it very much. I believe the bigger sizes are only in black. They do make other colors just not sure how large they get.

Thanks to all of you for the jacket advice. All of them look great, just have to track down who has a 56 long.. or get one made! Help appreciated

Have you tried www.aerostich.com. These are some of the best jackets made. Made in USA tailored to fit. I read a article while back comparing these to leathers. Thet did a dragging test too see how long it would take to wear through. Some leathers out performed aerostich material but some leathers didnt.

Back