Question about factory backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
OK, so this latest 97 I just got running has a factory backrest on it, but the cover has a couple nice tears in it. I noticed it has a zipper on the bottom of it, can these be easily replaced? If so, where would you find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

I have a sewing machine and can recover it. And sure if you contact the seat maker MaxGasser he would have everything on hand to replace the cover so that would be the route I go.

Yea, I've got a couple local guys I know that are upholsters, so I know they could fix it, but when I saw the zipper on there, I figured I could probably do it myself, if somebody actually made or knew where to get the correct size replacement. That's my real question. Are they available anywhere???

I do not think so, I think they want to sell the whole pad new everything if you spend the cash might as well get what you want.

When we do new covers for the backrest pad we reuse the zipper (easiest way to get the pad completely covered and still be able to put the foam back in).

Sean

Ive done a couple here and there for maxgasser customers, but I also did do a run of ten for another member here , he may have something for you.

Well, daggum', I must be sitting on a shamrock this week. I remembered having an "extra" backrest cover for a Honda Super Magna that I sold before I installed the new pad. I dug it out, and lo' and behold, practically an identical match! I just recovered it and slapped it back on the bike, looks awesome! I think I'm going to go play the lottery tonight, this has been a great week so far!!!!

Latest posts

Back