Questions about rear Progressive Shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remeber Me

Reaction score
I am upgrading the suspension on my '99. I dropped the fronts 1.5" in the clamps and that made it handle much better. I now enjoy the tight stuff.

I thought I read a lot of good things about the progressive 11.5" but now believe it will probably drop it too much (I like cornering). Instead of canceling the order I decided to switch it to the 12.5" set. I also now realize I know nothing really of what I am getting. I weight only 150 and rarely have someone on the back. The stock shocks are too hard already, are these even stiffer?

Mine were 11.5's and didn't seem to hard for me, softer in the first inch or so and then "proggresively" harder..." I liked them just fine until one developed a leak and lost all the oil...

That was prolly because of my 225lb ass and my 110lb wife bottomed it out several times in one day riding the rollercoasters in the Hill country tho' 'cause I never heard of anyone else having this problem..

At 1.5"s lowered front and rear the bike handled and cornered just fine but I would have had a cornering clearance issue with the factory pegs had I not replaced them with higher rearsets.

Rusty

Back