Quick question about boost sensor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Hi i just pulled my carbs so i could clean them and remove the front two coils for my cops and i noticed there is a little module called the boost sensor by the icu. There is a hose from this unit and i dont know where it plugs in, can anyone let me know thanks.

It runs to the intake manifold(below the carbs) on Cyl #2(left front cyl while sitting on the bike)

Thanks for the info, I think I must be blind though I can not see a nipple anywhere on that manifold. Is it on the part of the manifold that has the vboost butterflys?

Its on the alum manifold thats bolted to the left front cyl head. You may need to remove the chrome plastic cover that covers the manifolds/v-boost setup.

Maybe this pic will help? Every one of my manifolds has a hose nipple(for syncing carbs) and are normally capped off except for the left front cyl(#2). It has a hose that goes to the Map sensor. You can see the hose on the left manifold closest to ya in the pic.

Attachments

• 100_1773.jpg
    100_1773.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 33
Yessir, you'll remove it for sync only. If that hose has been off the map sensor(boost sensor), then you will notice a much snappier throttle with it connected. The V-max uses that to determine load and advances the timming at partial throttle.

Latest posts

Back