Raced my 94 again last night, more progress.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Well I got it into the 11.70's and I know there is still more in it cause my best 60' time was 1.88 and even with my fat ass on it it should be able to get into the 1.7's still kinda low on mph only 114 but I know I'm still a touch rich so if I lean it out hopefully I with a good launch I can get in the 116-117mph neighborhood.. Gonna try to post a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHFPdfvFzI

Last edited:
Nice! just keep it it. 11's is nothing to sneeze at but I am sure with practice you get get down further.

Nice! just keep it it. 11's is nothing to sneeze at but I am sure with practice you get get down further.

Especially when you weigh 285lbs probably about 300 in all my gear, so I'm launching about 1000lbs! LOL

Is your 94 mostly stock, or what mods are you rocking out with?. I haven't been to the strip with mine since A) we only have 1/8mile here and B) the track was underwater most of the summer. Enough excuses though.

Kerker with comp baffle, Morley jet kit, DD clutch mod, air shifter, dyna, cops, shinko tire. The dyna & cops dont really affect HP I don't think but wanted a rev limiter and the extra space from the cops.

Very impressive runs for the weight you are pulling, especially the launches, glad to see you are having fun........Joe

Very impressive runs for the weight you are pulling, especially the launches, glad to see you are having fun........Joe

Thanks Joe, I still think there is quite a bit more to be had, like I said I'm only getting an average of a 1.9 sec 60' time so even with me on it the bike should be capable of somewhere in the 1.7's cause I know lighter guys have attained 1.6's on them. Like I said before I believe I'm still rich too, gonna go back to stock jetting and maybe even pick up some 150 jets to try cause A/F is still in the lower 12's with the 155's I have in it now. I believe that this will get me the hp I need to run 11.50's and if I can get that short time down maybe even 11.40's. I have some more idea's to make some more power this winter but if I want to at least hang with my friends with sport bikes I'm gonna need to do some serious mods, just want to get it to where I can beat a modern 600 sportbike cause just smoking Harley's all the time get's old! LOL I just wish there was somewhere local to get my machine work done so I could do a big bore on my own, not that I don't trust all the great vendors here but I'm one of those guys that really prefer's to do things himself....

What track are you running at? I plan on hitting Martin Dragway one of these nights and see what I'm capable of, I'm no stranger to the strip but launching a bike is completly different from a car, do you mind sharing your launch technique? I've done a little street racing this summer but I'm still soft out of the hole with the front end still popping up, I don't want to make a complet azz out of myself in front of a crowd! I'm 100% stock and have ran with 11.50-11.60 cars after hours.....:biglaugh:........I'm also a heavy weight at around 250 with gear...................Tom.

Well I got it into the 11.70's and I know there is still more in it cause my best 60' time was 1.88 and even with my fat ass on it it should be able to get into the 1.7's still kinda low on mph only 114 but I know I'm still a touch rich so if I lean it out hopefully I with a good launch I can get in the 116-117mph neighborhood.. Gonna try to post a video...

Thanks for posting the vidoe. I've shown it to the little Lady and she thinks it's not to bad after all. They here race and.................
Good luck with this.I'm sure you'll get better times as you do it more.
Steve-o

What track are you running at? I plan on hitting Martin Dragway one of these nights and see what I'm capable of, I'm no stranger to the strip but launching a bike is completly different from a car, do you mind sharing your launch technique? I've done a little street racing this summer but I'm still soft out of the hole with the front end still popping up, I don't want to make a complet azz out of myself in front of a crowd! I'm 100% stock and have ran with 11.50-11.60 cars after hours.....:biglaugh:........I'm also a heavy weight at around 250 with gear...................Tom.

Well I try to keep it around 6000 rpm and then on the last yellow I start bring the clutch out, when I feel it grabbing I try to go full throttle and continue to slip the clutch a little to try to overcome the bog. My friends on the sportbikes kept telling me I need to be off the clutch sooner but everytime I tried that the bike slowed down alot so there's a big difference with a big guy launching a heavy bike vs. a regular sized guy launching a sportbike. You just have to go and practice at it, also strapping the front make a good difference, I feel alot more confident in launching the thing because it doesn't want to wheelie as bad.

Forgot to mention I'm racing at Osceola dragway, I do want to try to get to Martin here soon but I'd rather trailer the bike there cause it's about an hour and a half away from home and if the bike breaks then I'd be screwed...

I'm shooting for Fri Sept 2nd test and tune at Martin, evening program weather permitting.........................Tom.

I raced again last night, went 11.50's! :) my friend Kevin was there and on his first pass on the bike he went 11.30's! He is about 80lbs lighter than me though, but still weighs 205 so not a small guy either. I did experiment though, made a pass with the tank cover off and it did slow down but it told me what I already knew, the lid is choking the shit out of it! A/F ratio with it on is about 11.9:1-12.3:1 but with it off it was 15.6:1!!! It was so lean that it did slow it down (11.90's at only 110mph) but it proved to me that I either need to find a way to make my scoops functional or I need to do the reverse cowl idea I had on the air lid, that way I could substantially increase the jet size. All in all a great time and I learned a few things, I'll try to post more video later when I get to my computer.

I raced again last night, went 11.50's! :) my friend Kevin was there and on his first pass on the bike he went 11.30's! He is about 80lbs lighter than me though, but still weighs 205 so not a small guy either. I did experiment though, made a pass with the tank cover off and it did slow down but it told me what I already knew, the lid is choking the shit out of it! A/F ratio with it on is about 11.9:1-12.3:1 but with it off it was 15.6:1!!! It was so lean that it did slow it down (11.90's at only 110mph) but it proved to me that I either need to find a way to make my scoops functional or I need to do the reverse cowl idea I had on the air lid, that way I could substantially increase the jet size. All in all a great time and I learned a few things, I'll try to post more video later when I get to my computer.

There are functional scoop kits out there in the aftermarket, but none of them cheap.
I am enjoying reading your progress in this thread, man.

Tried calling you several times today srk............Verizion says you are unavailable.............................Tom.

Back