Radiator inserts group buy ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled mine off and powdercoated them black, then rode for 20 minutes and they flew off..... lol:bang head:

So I am going to machine up some new inserts and since I know no one has anything out there for these, I ll do a "group buy" on them if your interested.

These will be stock replacement inserts machined from aluminum and I think I am going to put screws in the back of them to make sure they don't fall off.

I am thinking of having it say Vmax down the sides, or possibly Vboost.

Obviously I can probably do a few different things.

I am going to try and price point these around $40-50 shipped if possible. I haven't sat down and crunched numbers yet. But if I can get 10 people interested that wan to prepay for them I ll make sure I atleast keep the first 10 under $50 for sure. This would be for a set.

Notice in my picture on my stock radiator shrounds I am missing the silver insert, that is the part I ll be making.

980181_591849357515440_1840374101_o.jpg

Count me in...My own personal thoughts on the inserts, just plain, or maybe a color, thats about it. To me the Vmax is such a great looking bike sometimes less is more.

Your absolutely right!

Maybe something subtle like ball flute cuts , like two running hte length ?

I ll offer a few different ideas up and let you guys pick and we'll go from there.

Todd

We make lazer cut stainless inserts for that location. Even can chrome them. I've also seen all the stuff removed and filled in with body filler (plastic filler) then smoothed and painted. Looks good that way too.

Sean

I have a set of SS slotted covers from Exactrep. You can check them out for an idea while at Thunder. You may want to bring a few designs/ drawings and see what everybody thinks. Free input and probably some preorders too!

On both my Maxes, I removed those inserts, painted them semi-gloss black to match the plastic shrouds and reattached. The 95 was done in 98 or 99 and my 97 in 2007. They have stayed on both bikes and still look good. Used 3M double sided foam tape to attach.

Looks good. Not much room for material and any engraved designs for sure if you want it to lay flat. Add the 3M tape and it's already enough to make it stick out.

On both my Maxes, I removed those inserts, painted them semi-gloss black to match the plastic shrouds and reattached. The 95 was done in 98 or 99 and my 97 in 2007. They have stayed on both bikes and still look good. Used 3M double sided foam tape to attach.

Added pics.

Attachments

• Right Side 1 - A.jpg
    Right Side 1 - A.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Left Side 2 - A.jpg
    Left Side 2 - A.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 36
Lol, we'll now don't I look foolish! I thought you were talking scoop covers.:doh:
I'll go ride Redbone and learn to read the posts better next time!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

Last edited:
Black with "V-Boost" cut into them would be nice for my bike. I could paint the insert engraving red to match the rest of the paint scheme. Let me know if you make these, I'll pony up for a pair to replace the shite that's on the bike now.

Chris.

It seems that is a natural place to wire-in some LED's. Depending on how gaudy you wanted to get, you could have some programmable ones that illuminated to a pattern, flashed at different rates, whatever the H-D & Gold Wing dresser Illuminatists do.

I would like to see someone photoshop a design where there were mini-NACA ducts stacked one above of the other, that way, it wouldn't matter if they stuck-out. Actually, on the trailing edge, they could be slotted open, like an 'extractor' in the true sense of the function for which they were originally designed (the NACA ducts).

Attachments

• NACA duct design proposal to CC Designs.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
Back