rear sets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello folks.

I just purchased the WRS rearsets. The more detailed instructions seem to be in Japanese and the english instructions amount to one small page.

Can anyone post some closeup picks of these babies installed on their bikes. Particularly the are around the rear brake booster. The instructions seem real vague on that part.

Hello folks.

I just purchased the WRS rearsets. The more detailed instructions seem to be in Japanese and the english instructions amount to one small page.

Can anyone post some closeup picks of these babies installed on their bikes. Particularly the are around the rear brake booster. The instructions seem real vague on that part.

Can I ask where you got the WRS's from? I'm looking at rearsets now. I was considering the LSL's, but these look good too.

I wonder about another angle, perhaps easier..

On my Triumph Sprint I needed more leg room for 2-up long rides (I'm 6'4) and a common addition on those bikes is a set of MFW adjustable pegs via TwistedThrottle.com. It's a 3 piece ordeal with one each of a mount, leg (3 lengths), and peg:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4708/145/

The nice thing about this set up is the ability to rotate the direction of the leg & peg and securely lock it in position due to the "castle" type connection between parts. No reason it can't be angled up and to the rear, provided your foot isn't left too far from your shifter/ brake lever. Nonetheless, I usually ride with the ball of my foot on the peg (vs arch) for easier weight transfer when riding through corners.. so being far from the brake and shifter is something I'm used to.

Not sure it'll work on the vmax, but for those wanting another option that's cheaper, it's worth a shot.

Here's a pic of the Spiegler LSL rearsets partially fitted to my bike.

Attachments

• 20111204_001.jpg
    20111204_001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20111204_002.jpg
    20111204_002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 69
I finished installing the WRS rearsets. I must say it looks pretty clean. I didn't realize how heavy the old hardware was. It's been raining here this weekend. I'll take it for a test when the weather gets decent and do any final tweaks.

Bazwell, those look great. I like how the finish matches the rear peg mounts.. looks OEM.

As a brief experiment I pulled my MFW pegs off my Triumph and fit them to my Vmax peg mount, to see if the concept would work. The pin diameter is the same, but the mount is a bit big for the peg, leaving it a little loose. The design pushes the peg a bit away from the bike, but the peg is located farther back.
The images below give you an idea of what a cheaper alternative could be.

Attachments

• IMG_20111203_153916.jpg
    IMG_20111203_153916.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20111203_154848.jpg
    IMG_20111203_154848.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20111203_154913.jpg
    IMG_20111203_154913.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 49
A couple more pics, now they are a bit more fitted up.

Attachments

• 20111204_009.jpg
    20111204_009.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 57
  • 20111204_016.jpg
    20111204_016.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 55
Here is the finished result. I must say that the riding position feels better. Looks like I might have to switch to drag bars and bar end mirrors

Attachments

• Rear Set1.jpg
    Rear Set1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Rear Set2.jpg
    Rear Set2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 92
Here is the finished result. I must say that the riding position feels better. Looks like I might have to switch to drag bars and bar end mirrors

They look great. I going to order a set of the WR'S. I like the fact that their not set back radically from the stock position.

How was the installation?

One thing I had to do was extend the shift peg by using a black nylon spacer and a longer mounting screw. I didn't like how short the peg was. I had to almost turn my foot inward to make clean shifts. So if you purchase the WRS, see if they also sell an extended shift peg for it. Other than that I'm real happy with them.

Might be an old thread, but as i also went hunting for rearsets and was coming up short i figured that now i have set fitted it was worth showing them with a bit of info for anyone thinking of going the same route. Forgotten who makes them but ridea comes to mind. Anyway, fitted easy enough. Definitely a bit better in feel being further back (albeit not a lot), but they have added an issue with the fact they are actually lower than standard pegs. Ihave found myself dragging my boot on the tarmac a few times since fitting them. I think thats more my riding style than anything else as i have always ridden more toe down than flat foot. They dont stick out as far and the pegs are spring loaded folders. So potentially the clearance could be the same. Looking at the design, they are more double sheets of billet and spacers than curvy formed units. That has set me off thinking i may actually get a couple of billet pieces cut to alter the height of the pegs and get them a bit higher (with a couple of new connecting rods). The brake side came with a different switch spring and an extension piece for the threaded bar, so moving the pegs up a bit shouldnt really be an issue on a new piece of billet. All that said, they are better to me even now despite the potential ground clearance issues.

Attachments

• IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5302.jpg
    IMG_5302.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Back