rear sets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutlass79500

Reaction score
has anyone ever tried these.
http://www.pacmax.com/wr rs v-max.html wrs rearsets trying to move my legs back a bit has a sport max seat wich makes it even closer to the stock pegs.im 5 ft 9 when my feet are down the footpegs hit me right in the ankles. and there is somthing about the square pad on the shifter bothers my foot. any input would be appriciated before i spend the money

Attachments

• wr rs v-max l1.jpg
    wr rs v-max l1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 184
  • wr rs v-max r.jpg
    wr rs v-max r.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 167
  • wrs rearsetp image11.jpg
    wrs rearsetp image11.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 151
http://www.pacmax.com/wr rs v-max.html wrs rearsets trying to move my legs back a bit has a sport max seat wich makes it even closer to the stock pegs.im 5 ft 9 when my feet are down the footpegs hit me right in the ankles. and there is somthing about the square pad on the shifter bothers my foot. any input would be appriciated before i spend the money

My bike came with a set of WR's. I rode a 100 or so miles with them and took them off and sold them (cheap I might add). They are well made and adjustable to 3 not too different positions. You can also set them up in a reverse shift pattern configuration. As with many things now a days, I can't see $400 for them. I think the stock pegs are just right. The WR's pitched me forward a little too much for my tastes. I also went for a more traditional Max look as opposed to the street fighter thing and the WR's just didn't look right.

i almost bought these but opted for the ones offered by jai at motoboutique. they move the pegs back enough to see the clear covers on the clutch, mid-gear, alternator, and waterpump. i'm also 5-9 and find this setup to be far more comfortable than stock. the shift lever is made of billet aluminum and there is no rubber on it. they are'nt cheap, but nothing otec makes is.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 148

I've been running them for a couple of years now and would never go back, they are a nice compromise between the standard seating position and most of the other rearsets available which are significanlty further back than the WR's.
MIf you want a cruiser style ride they aren't for you, if you like a little more aggresive seating position then they're great.

I'm 6" tall and ride on a UFO seat which is maybe 2.5-3" lower that stock, and am running a set of drag bars and for me it's very comfortable, I feel like I'm in control of the bike instead of just "along for the ride"

I've been on many 300-400 miles in day trips with this setup and love it.

Mine are set-up with the reverse shift pattern which I also like and it gives me a good excuse not to let anyone ride my bike also.

When I get on a max set-up like the factory did it it just plain feels wierd to me now.

You can see mine in the garage.

They are extremely well made, I know $400 is a ton of money but anything that's produced on a CNC machine tends to be that way, and they aren't out of line with any of the other rearsets out there as far as price goes.

The pegs do not fold, so be prepared, I knocked my over in the garage once and they didn't break so they are not flimsy considering they don't fold but nonetheless???

Rusty

thats what what i was hoping to hear. i have drag bars on mine also. not doing it for the look .honestly i had a zx 11 before this bike it had 1 inch risers it was very comfy .my feet just feel wrong on the stock pegs and with the way my knees are bent riding the shifting action just doesnt seem right with my knees shoved up to my arm pist almost lol

I'm bringing this thread back to life... no need in starting a new one.
Anyway, I'm looking to get some rearsets in the near future and I was wondering if anyone else has some and if so, brands, likes, dislikes, cost, etc. I have an 'HR' set that I was going to reverse engineer and I didn't know if there were others interested in a set. If so, what were you hoping to have for features and what is your price range. I'm going to throw some diffrent pictures out and see what everyone thinks.

Attachments

• badb1.jpg
    badb1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 118
  • badb5.jpg
    badb5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 121
  • Lees_bike.jpg
    Lees_bike.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 146
  • RBack.jpg
    RBack.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 86f0_1.jpg
    86f0_1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 108
  • MahemMick.jpg
    MahemMick.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 119
  • MEKRearSets.jpg
    MEKRearSets.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 107
  • MEKRearSetsVmaxPeace.jpg
    MEKRearSetsVmaxPeace.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 102
  • v-max1.jpg
    v-max1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 106
Some good info here, I NEED some rearsets. I can't stand my feet in front of me anymore with all my weight (OK it's not *that* much weight!) on my butt. Before Sean does up my seat for me (I'm selling off all the bits from my Harley on Ebay now to pay for it), I'm looking into some rearsets so I can say how much I can have cut out, but the only ones I can find are the WR's. 65mm back isn't far enough. The passenger pegs actually feel great, I could ride on them all day if I didn't have to move to the front for the brakes. I want to go further back. I can't find the ones by Motoboutique....are there others?

I rode a Suzuki Bandit 1200 the other day, the seating position was absolutely perfect. You don't sit on your butt, you sit on your pelvis, but not like the Vmax, the seat is flat and firm.

I'd have kept the Harley Dyna if anybody made rearsets for it, but I really like this Vmax powerplant....if I can find some rearsets for it that will get my feet back and under me. Would sure appreciate any info...there's a mess of it out there and most if it goes nowhere....

You may have a different opinion after you get your seat chopped.. The stock vmax seat is horrible and hard on the ass..
Also changing your oem handlebars over to drag bars changes your body postion to where you lean forward a lil on your pelvic region

Thank you Lankee, I'll look at the flat bars. I thought the stockers were pretty straight but I can certainly look at the cheap and easy stuff first. I can try out some flat drag bars this week, in fact....

I really feel like I'm squatting over a port-a-potty on the Vmax, my knees are bent so far in front of me. I'm 5'6" with long legs per the average female and...well I'm not overweight, OK? But I'm 14 lbs away from my old Army days fighting trim. I was 5'7" when I was active duty but I ran so much that I got shorter, no joke. Now I have arthritis in my knees and hips at the ripe old age of 34 and sitting on my butt on a bike just hurts. I need to put my knees and heels under me. I ride my Kawasaki Concours from tank to tank to tank and never have to get off, just fill it up and ride another 260 miles to the next tankful. Last year I took that big Kawasaki from GA to CA and back, averaging 500 miles a day with NO pain whatsoever. So I'm sure the seating position will make all the difference.

I see lots of old dead links to the Vmax rearsets. Who else is making them? Used is fine, too.

Oooh those look nice, but I don't see how they fit on the shifter shaft. I wonder if I would have to make that part?

Boxenstop's catalog offers several rearsets. Most of them put the pegs in line with the swingarm pivot. But the first ones in the catalog go back a little farther. Has anyone put on some Boxenstop rearets? Your opinion?

If you're looking for max comfort bennies you've got to change handlebars, seat and footpegs. i did a custom modified Sato rearsets because i did'nt like the settings of any of the ones on the market. I essentially bought a set and then mocked up a set of brackets out of wood by seeing where i was most comfortable with my leg position. Once I determined clearances, i had them made up in billet.

My knees would stiffen up at times when I ran the stock setup. I had Sean make me up a seat that fit me to a "T" then I added drag bars and the problems went away.
The drag bars pulled my upper body forward and Sean's seat gave a broader, more supportive surface to sit on. My seat is not lowered as much as some others but I weigh ~265 on a 6' frame so Sean advised me not to cut the seat down too much or I would lose some comfort/ seat "travel".
I hope you find your ideal position so you can enjoy all the Vmax has to offer. :thumbs up:

I have been looking at rearsets, but don't want anything too extreme. Sean has done my seat and I have a drag bar installed, but feel like my feet should be shifted back some. If you come up with something Jeff, I would be interested, especially if it was less than the $400+ price of so many of them.

Here is something to "wet" you appitite.... not sure where they are going to be made, but they should work pretty well. I'm not sure of cost yet, but I should know something soon.

Attachments

• rear_sets.jpg
    rear_sets.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 465
I'm trying to get some drawings to one of our members here so we can get them made. I hope it will be a good deal for everyone involved!

Jeff

Back