Rear tire removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about removing the rear wheel?

If so,

- loosen and remove the main shaft nut and washer on the left side and its cotter pin
- loosen the pinch bolt nut on the right side
- remove cotter pin and remove the bolt and nut securing the brake caliper to the torque arm
- remove the two bolts securing the brake caliper
- using a soft mallet, remove the rear wheel shaft
- slide the brake caliper off the rotor
- remove the collar that's between the brake caliper bracket and the wheel bearing (right side)
- pull the wheel to the right to get it off the driveshaft splines
- remove rear wheel (you may need to take yer tag off)

Are you talking about removing the rear wheel?

If so,

- loosen and remove the main shaft nut and washer on the left side and its cotter pin
- loosen the pinch bolt nut on the right side
- remove cotter pin and remove the bolt and nut securing the brake caliper to the torque arm
- remove the two bolts securing the brake caliper
- using a soft mallet, remove the rear wheel shaft
- slide the brake caliper off the rotor
- remove the collar that's between the brake caliper bracket and the wheel bearing (right side)
- pull the wheel to the right to get it off the driveshaft splines
- remove rear wheel (you may need to take yer tag off)

When you remove the rear wheel shaft, does that pull to the right? The rear wheel shaft is the one with the pinch bolt correct? I am having trouble getting the right side to slide off...

Yes the shaft comes out the right hand side. I use a rubber mallet, or a block of wood and hammer, to push the shaft out hitting it from the left hand side. Make sure you pinch bolt is loosened on the right!

Also make sure you removed the right side cotter pin, axle nut and washer.

Yes the shaft comes out the right hand side. I use a rubber mallet, or a block of wood and hammer, to push the shaft out hitting it from the left hand side. Make sure you pinch bolt is loosened on the right!

Got it thanks! My gas tank came out nice and easy now!

Back