Rear wheel offset?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a straight edge and the edge of the tire, it looks pretty centered to me. Did you put the bike on the centerstand and rotate the tire to check for runout?

The wheel is straight and runs true, the bike rides great! I'm just thinking the rear subframe is bent a little so no worries I'll straighten up the plate bracket and just run it as is and I'll get my other wheel to Kosman hopefully next week :punk:

Have you checked if the shocks are vertical? The swingarm may be offset a bit by misaligning it when replacing bearings for instance. I widened my rear wheel a bit and they enlarged it both sides the same... The offset was corrected with the diff spacer...

Rear sub frame is easliy bent. I've seen a few of them this way.

Do check the swingarm bolts, the adjustable one should be on the right.

Check you spacers and stuff. There shouldn't be one inside the drive hub spline area. the right side, from the wheel out, should have the small spacer, the brake mount, then a washer.

I kind of like the idea of a plumb bob from the steering neck, then a straight line from there going forward and back, if the straight line intersects the front wheel center while the wheel is pointed straight (assuming your forks aren't bent) then extending it back should give you your true off set I think.....

I'm confused as to how you could have an off set to the left unless either the frame or swing arm is bent or else you have adjustable swingarm bolts on both sides of the swingarm???:confused2:

Back