Recommended Windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakethesnake

Reaction score
Hey folks...I've got a '98 VMax and I'm looking to ease the highway breeze by getting a windshield. I read some are usng the Givi Airstars with good results. Does anyone have a specific model number and/or
pics of one?

By any chance do you have the link or a pic? I looked on line but couldn't find a good pic of one on a Vmax. How does the wind hit you at 70mph? (I've heard the larger shields create 'buffering).

I run the Givi myself and found it takes the wind off your chest.....................And looks wasome on the V-Max!

By any chance do you have the link or a pic? I looked on line but couldn't find a good pic of one on a Vmax. How does the wind hit you at 70mph? (I've heard the larger shields create 'buffering).

If you're looking for pics of the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce check out my albums, there's a '99 & '06 and they each have one.

I also have one for sale, if you're interested PM me.

I have no clue how to post a link, but if you look in my (or Dannymax's) photo album you can see pictures of the deuce installed. It works great, with no buffering and at 70mph I can hold a conversation with my wife on the back. Any windshield on a vmax takes away from its devilishly handsome looks, but riding with one on the highway quickly makes up for it. I bought mine from J&P cycles. EDIT: LOL, Danny "sniped" me!!!!

I have no clue how to post a link, but if you look in my (or Dannymax's) photo album you can see pictures of the deuce installed. It works great, with no buffering and at 70mph I can hold a conversation with my wife on the back. Any windshield on a vmax takes away from its devilishly handsome looks, but riding with one on the highway quickly makes up for it. I bought mine from J&P cycles. EDIT: LOL, Danny "sniped" me!!!!

I 'scooped' ya Bob!! Think it was my lightning fast reaction time!! :rofl_200:

Yeah, my fat fingers coupled with the fact that I have my wife's new puppy sleeping in my lap, slowed my reaction time!!

I too just bought the Givi A-123 and it helps block the air at chest level as Beekeeper said.
I did a 1000 mi ride from So Cal to NV and back last weekend and the Givi performed flawlessly. The wind going to NV thru Death Valley was excruciating! My buddies with the larger shields (on other bikes) were really taking a beating. Later, when the weather was nice at 80- 90 mph plus the Givi really helped. The Givi (and I) saw ~130 mph a couple times. I don't know if the taller shields will change the handling of the Max at higher speeds, but the Givi didn't.:clapping:
The Givi mounts easily by loosening the 2 turn signal stays. (no unplugging) It's bracket snugs in between the signals, tighten the 2 nuts and it's done! Five minute job.
It has the V-max logo cut into the design.
I bought mine for $106 delivered from Helmethead. They shipped that day!

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1841/givi-a123-yamaha-v-max-1200-2885-1029-windshield

Be safe!

Latest posts

Back