red Paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
I am going to repaint my red tins.My hood has a few dings now so I am putting all black ones on for now.

What I want to know is: anybody who has repainted their parts red and what color did you use.I had mine painted shortly after I bought it because it was badly faded.I picked the color wich was PPG nightfire metallic.It looked really good on the chart but to me I was very disapointed when I picked it up.It looked like pink nail polish and it still had nasty sanding swirls in it.

I love red but I want metallic in it.

Shawn, the stock '88 and '89 red has metallic in it. Is that the shade of red you're looking for?

No not really,Mine was close to that.I want a really stand out red.Probably have to go with a 3 coat candy.

92 had one of the best reds I have ever seen for stock paint color. Not sure what color flake they used. I'm doing a complete new custom paint job on mine and should have the parts back in January. I'm using a dark candy red (along with some other stuff that I won't disclose until the bike is done).

Sean

Perhaps Shawn a visit to some car dealerships would be good. There you could see what the actual color is in person. Lately car colors rival those of the custom bikes and are just as expensive. Looking at a color in a showroom or in the shade is the best way to see what you'd like because in the sun, all the metallics shimmer and look good. Candy red from House of Colors is always a good choice for those that like red. Roger Gordon has the candy red on his Max.

shawn kloker said:
I am going to repaint my red tins.My hood has a few dings now so I am putting all black ones on for now.

What I want to know is: anybody who has repainted their parts red and what color did you use.I had mine painted shortly after I bought it because it was badly faded.I picked the color wich was PPG nightfire metallic.It looked really good on the chart but to me I was very disapointed when I picked it up.It looked like pink nail polish and it still had nasty sanding swirls in it.

I love red but I want metallic in it.

If you like the red my bike is, I can get the paint code of the guy that painted my bike. It isn't stock Yamaha red, but a red that Acura used.

Latest posts

Back