Redline Powersteering fluid for forks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
I saw sean's video and noticed he uses powersteering fluid. Has anyone tried redline synthetic power steering fluid in theirs?

I bought some fork oil from my stealer but would rather use Redline.

THanks,
Sid

See if you can find the specs on it - I suspect that it will work just fine.

Sean

TYPICAL PROPERTIES

Flash Point ?C 225 Foam 0 Rust (D66A/B) Pass Vis @ -40?C 18,000 cP Fire Point ?C 258 Copper Corrosion 1b Vis @ 100?C after shear 6.4 cSt Vis @ 100?C 6.46 cSt Viscosity Index 143 Pour Point, ?C -50 MORE TECHNICAL INFORMATION

RED LINE POWER STEERING FLUID satisfies the service fill requirements of most auto manufacturers and can be used where the manufacturer calls for any automatic transmission fluid such as Dexron?, Dexron II-D?, II-E?, or Dexron III?, Ford Type-F, Mercon, or M2C138-CJ such as required by Ford, AMC, Toyota, Nissan, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar, VW, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, SAAB, Subaru, Volvo, Porsche, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and many others.

This fluid also satisfies power steering units requiring GM PN 1050017 or 1052884 (Spec Number 9985010), Chrysler Spec Number 5931, and Ford Spec Number M2C33-F. It also satisfies the hydraulic specifications of Denison HF-O, Vickers vane pumps, and Sundstrand piston pumps.

Looks like similar viscosity. Compared with BG fluid it looks like its a little thicker at high temp and thinner at low temp. So, should work just fine.

Sean

sweet thank god because i only bought 1 quart of fork oil but i have 4 quarts of redline ps :)

now if i can only get that top valve fork bolt in. i had to stop before i end up stripping the thing. i can't put enough force down on it to get her to start by hand. how high should the pvc be sticking out of the fork? I tried cutting her down like your instructions but she appeared to be 1.7 inches out of the fork so and it was impossible to push her down enough to start the bolt. I'm closer to 1.4 inches now and i can almost get it but i don't have enough leverage. Going to get a longer 1/2 extension tomorrow.

You should only be compressing the spring by 1" when it's all threaded in place. So typically it barely sticks out. We did just do an 05 set that was sticking out an inch so it's got more compression then 1" but seems to be working well on it.

Sean

Back