Res leaking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I noticed a drip once in a while when I pull the clutch lever in and now it seems to be getting worse. My question is, is that the master cyl rebuild kit that I need to get? And is it an easy rebuild ( no special tools) or should I take it to someone who would have any special tools or whatever? Thanks,

Ed,

They are pretty simple to rebuild. Just need to check the bore that the piston and seals reside in and make sure it is clean and smooth. They don't typically corrode but if it is corroded new seals won't do the trick.

As mentioned, about the only special tool required is a set of internal snap ring pliers.

Ok, cool, thanks guys, I kinda figured I could do it. I just didnt want to take it apart then realize I needed some funky tool or as I know from working on locks that there are sometimes just little tricks that if you don't know them you can sometimes never figure out how something comes apart. I'll contact Sean and buy a rebuild kit from him. THANKS AGAIN Ed

If you have aftermarket covers and it's coming from the weep hole check to see that the inside of the cover has the lip that holds the gasket in it's proper place, the stocker shave it, many aftermarkets do not and it's impossible to tighten the cover without squeezing the gasket away from the edges of the reservoir where it needs to be...

Python or COO, I can't remember who, sold me some of these shitty covers, I had to make a piece of plastic that sits in there and holds it against the inside walls of the res. I pointedit out to them and they consoled me but offered nothing else, blaming it on thier "maker"

If you have aftermarket covers and it's coming from the weep hole check to see that the inside of the cover has the lip that holds the gasket in it's proper place, the stocker shave it, many aftermarkets do not and it's impossible to tighten the cover without squeezing the gasket away from the edges of the reservoir where it needs to be...

Python or COO, I can't remember who, sold me some of these shitty covers, I had to make a piece of plastic that sits in there and holds it against the inside walls of the res. I pointedit out to them and they consoled me but offered nothing else, blaming it on thier "maker"

I'll have to check that out Rusty, I didnt buy cheap covers though, but they are aftermarket Boxxenstops. I better check out that possibility before I order a rebuild kit. I have put a bunch of new parts on by trial and error but that's definitely not a cheap way of doing it. Thanks for giving me the idea. Ed

Latest posts

Back