Ricor intiminator + progressive springs, any other possibility than 5W fork oil ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RidinDirty, I hear you on the racetech emulator need for appropriate springs. For mechanical reasons beyond my current understanding, stock springs are touted as being fine with the Ricor Intiminator. Take it for what it's worth, but there is quite a bit of user feedback on the SV650 forums, such as this:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100825

The SV is known as a jack of all trades bike, especially for people getting into amateur racing. That makes it a perfect group of people to watch for upgrades to basic damper rod forks, IMO.

Anyone else interested in the possibility of a group-buy? I don't mind taking the lead in contacting Ricor to ask about the possibilities...:smileystooges:

Lugan, The problem with the soft stock springs is that they compress going into a turn and stay compressed in the turn. A stiffer spring brings the front end back up, after the initial slowing down for the turn. Maintaining the suspension geometry through the turn, helps the handling quite a bit. The SV may have a much more suitable stock spring than the Vmax, requiring only the Ricors for dampening improvement. I recommend you eventually change the springs also.

I know the thread is old. I am considering the Ricor Intiminators for my 43 mm front forks. No Prog. springs, I just want to make the front work a bit better. From looking at the threads there is some favor for the Ricors over the Racetech. at the current rate of exchange the price is a out $217. Anyone find a better deal? Thanks.

My ol' 86 came with Prog springs. I didn't like the front feel much and went for thicker oil, which helped a little, but I still didn't like it.
Then I added the Intimators and went back to the normal oil viscosity, and finally, my front end felt like a normal bike! Not more of that weird shimmy over every bump, painted line and other road irregularity..

So ya, I reckon the Ricor Intimators are great, especially with the Prog springs, but I may try them with standard springs on the '00 in the future.

One detail: I didn't cut down the spacers above the springs when installing the Intimators, so my springs had an extra inch or so of compression which may have contributed to the improvement as well.

I started by changing the OEM springs to progressive, and noticed a difference but not that much. Maybe because my oem 06 springs were still frisky, IDK.? After installing the ricor's and synthetic 5w oil, I noticed a large improvement. Front wheel seems to stay planted through turns, and brake dive is a thing of the past. I liked the Ricors over the racetech due to the fact that I wouldn't have to adjust anything, just drop them in and reassemble.

Just a few words about Ricor, when they introduced these intimidators they were marked down 50% to get them out there, but afterwards, no more discounting. I was working with the owner last spring on a rear shock setup and I was going to prototype them for Ricor. I offered out my stock springs for them to measure and design after, but when I asked about if I get any price break on the prototype or a pair thereafter, they said nope.....well that ended the conversation quickly! As far as I know they will not discount their product, but it never hurts to inquire again...perhaps being winter you might get lucky!

Just a few words about Ricor, when they introduced these intimidators they were marked down 50% to get them out there, but afterwards, no more discounting. I was working with the owner last spring on a rear shock setup and I was going to prototype them for Ricor. I offered out my stock springs for them to measure and design after, but when I asked about if I get any price break on the prototype or a pair thereafter, they said nope.....well that ended the conversation quickly! As far as I know they will not discount their product, but it never hurts to inquire again...perhaps being winter you might get lucky!

Do you remember the price at 50% off?

It looks like they are about $200 with shipping now.

Do you remember the price at 50% off?

It looks like they are about $200 with shipping now.

WOW, I didnt check the site prior to posting. I bet with the bad economy, they gave in! That is a good price being I paid about $150 when they first came out. Well worth the money too!

Posted in the wrong thread, but here goes again (too many tabs open in my browser!)

Gents,

I contacted Ricor and asked about a group discount on the Intiminators. The answer was a hesitant, yes.

PM me for more info, but in a nutshell they are willing to work out a deal for us.

I'll PM the guys that posted on this thread that they're interested. Anyone else, let me know ASAP.

Posted in the wrong thread, but here goes again (too many tabs open in my browser!)

Gents,

I contacted Ricor and asked about a group discount on the Intiminators. The answer was a hesitant, yes.

PM me for more info, but in a nutshell they are willing to work out a deal for us.

I'll PM the guys that posted on this thread that they're interested. Anyone else, let me know ASAP.

Was anybody else interested? Do we get enough people?

I'm all in....................

Back