Road Kill

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Kinda funny.....even endorsed by PETA. LOL

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-road-kill-eat-it-too-n36346?ocid=msnhp&pos=7

I remember my grandfather coming home with a deer he "accidentally" :confused2: hit on the road in NY state. Everybody smiled because we all new that he probably hit the gas pedal instead of the brake because he was an avid hunter and loved venison. He also was a welder by trade, and was driving his truck that had a huge heavy diamond plate bumper on the front that he had made.

I tried to attach a song "Road Kill Barbecue" but it's in mp4 format, and looks like we can only attach mp3. Oh well . . .

It's been a while, but I believe you can keep your road kill In NY. Your supposed to call the cops, and they issue a document saying your not a poacher. I've kept a few. A lot of times the meat it so bruised up it's hardly worth it. The other thing with roadkill (deer) is trophy hunters. I know guys who carry saws for cutting the head or rack off a big buck. It's not uncommon in the late fall, early winter to see a headless deer on the side of the road. I've spent a lot of years working on the NYS thruway. They have a specific crew for removing road kill. Lately, the thruway guys just drag the carcass to the tree line along the thruway, and leave it.

If the guy has PITA on his side, he better jump on it. Maybe even get to meet Pamela Anderson.:eusa_dance:

I didn't know Texans enjoyed Armidillo meat so much! I suppose that includes them big Rattlesnakes and lizards too right? Who could pass that up?!

Back