Runs like crap when damp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I`ll pull up my etcha sketch 2.0 program and do up a diagram of how mine is hooked up (you guys know that there`s no such program don`t you LOL):rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
just for looksies.
<<Dave>>:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Not sure if this helps but some times when I wash mine the indent in the head where the spark plug goes fills with water and the water messes with the spark.Try firing it up one day when its running crappy and look at the spark plug seat,it might be full of water.Soak it up or blow it out with a air compressor or even a soda straw.Might fix the issue.

Not sure if this helps but some times when I wash mine the indent in the head where the spark plug goes fills with water and the water messes with the spark.Try firing it up one day when its running crappy and look at the spark plug seat,it might be full of water.Soak it up or blow it out with a air compressor or even a soda straw.Might fix the issue.

Sounds like your drain holes are clogged up. Water should be able to drain freely from these areas..

Thats strange,
as soon as my tach hits 3 grand, I feel and hear the v-boost kick in but, I`m thinking of putting in a switch like mark did but maybe a double throw so I don`t have to hold it for it to open and close.
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

i'd love that but don't quite understand the wiring.

Ok, if it rains and the bike is out side (like at work) or even a heavy dew over night, bike runs like crap and the tach doesn't work right, and i have to keep the rpm's up above 3500 or it sounds like it;s going to bog out. Don't even begin to know where to start looking, any ideas? Once a few hours pass and it's dried out, it's fine. Plug wires maybe?

check your CDI box as well I had a moisture problem with mine made the bike run like crap after rain

i'd love that but don't quite understand the wiring.
It looks like something that I have done with a guitar before to switch the phasing on pickups.
I will look at it and if I figure it out , I will take pic and post them but, it dosent look hard.
I could even make a harness with a switch and send one if I can get it right.
OR....We can bug Mark LOL.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

dave so far is the only one

waiting for 44 magnum to get back to me, as he says his works, but he thinks his tboost is either on always or stock settings, which i would change mine to in a heartbeat!
Garret,
Here is a diagram of how my T-Boost is hooked up and my cops are from a n 06`Honda cbr 1000.
<<Dave>>

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 13
EXACTLY how mine are. whats your COP stick resistance?

Speaking of these plug wires. Where is a good and less expensive place to buy stock type replacements. I'm not ready to try this COP mod quite yet.

Speaking of these plug wires. Where is a good and less expensive place to buy stock type replacements. I'm not ready to try this COP mod quite yet.

Your best bet for new parts is Gary McCoy @ Mondak Motorsports - mention this forum or VMOA and you will get the best discounts ever. :clapping:

Not bad Kyle,
your bike will thank you for it.
Your engine will fire right up even in cold weather and your gas mileage should show a slight improvement you`ll notice a better throttle response.
just follow Bird o prey`s step by step and you`ll be in like flinn.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
have fun doin` it.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Where does one order the COPS from. I have been looking and there are lots of different types oon the market, but I have not found any that will fit on the Vmax.
Thanks Rhoy

there are tons of them on fleaBay. Birdoprey compiled a list of all the suitable ones too, and I believe he still sells full harnesses ready to go on the Max at a very decent price!

Not bad Kyle,
your bike will thank you for it.
Your engine will fire right up even in cold weather and your gas mileage should show a slight improvement you`ll notice a better throttle response.
just follow Bird o prey`s step by step and you`ll be in like flinn.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
have fun doin` it.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:
Yeah I cant wait my 88 had sat for 9 years before I got it & the wires are the only thing I have not changed yet its missing a little because of that. I am sure after I do this one I will end up doing my 85 to.

Back