Saddle bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundoc_iowa

Reaction score
I make a lot of trips back and forth to work in the summer and take my lunch with me....seems I am having some issues finding saddle bags that work with the Vmax...most hit the exhaust. I don't want to buy any of the expensive hard sets as it would be something I want to pull off when I go out for a ride and dont need to carry anything. Any suggestions??

Check the back pic of the fall vboost. The bike to the very left (mine). Tour master bags. Plenty of exhaust clearence and hold quite a bit. Easy on off. I did have to relocate turn signals though.
Steve-o

I reall would rather no relocate the signals if I can help it....I did consider going with a tail bag...and I bought a tool pouch for the front to carry small items. I actually found one that matches my jacket and bike (until I paint it obviously) pretty well...

If its only lunch.. Why not a back pack?:confused2:

My friend Sam has a nice set of saddlemen saddlebags on his max.

sdc10224b.jpg

KJ: The small saddleman bags would be okay, do you know what model they are by chance?

rebar: I am a big guy with a 56 inch chest and pretty wide shoulders...for the same reason a shoulder holster doesn't work a backpack doesn't. It feels like I am trying to pull a hay wagon behind me. I tried that last summer riding the Magna..it was a no go.

I did look at the sport bike panniers as well...just have to decide what is going to work.

KJ: The small saddleman bags would be okay, do you know what model they are by chance?

http://www.discount-motorcycle-parts.net/saddlemen-cruisn-slant-saddlebags-p-98.html

I am a big guy with a 56 inch chest and pretty wide shoulders...for the same reason a shoulder holster doesn't work.

I'm big around the chest. well into the upper 50" range. I found that this holster when coupled with my Glock 21 is a great fit. http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Universal-Horizontal-Shoulder-Holster/dp/B001WJ6RW8 I figured I'd only be out about $12 so what the hell. So I ordered it in black. It turned out, I loved it, it was comfortable fully adjustable and didn't bind. Not to mention it holds my gun and mags solid. I wore this both on and off duty. I even got one for my dad and he felt it was more comfortable then his other shoulder holsters.

Back