Score!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Just got a good set of used Busa calipers last night off ebay for $30 so I might be upgrading my brakes sooner than I thought! :eusa_dance: I have a question for you guys though, is there any difference in frames or swingarms between 85-94? The reason I ask is I scored a decent swingarm from an 85 on ebay for $30 and I seen there was a place with some frames for sale on there for $50 and I'd like to pick one up so I can jig up the frame in my shop with the swingarm so I can extend it and notch it without putting my 94 down in the meantime, that way once I put my 94 up for the next winter it's just swapping parts. Also does anyone know where I can score a cheap rear wavey rotor from? When I do my brakes I'd like to do the whole bike, already planned on getting the front brackets for the Busa calipers and my lines & pads from Sean.

Thanks ninjaneer LOL I found the cheap Chinese front ones I need for $120 but shipping is $65 (ouch) but not having much luck with the rear :bang head:

Just got a good set of used Busa calipers last night off ebay for $30 so I might be upgrading my brakes sooner than I thought! :eusa_dance: I have a question for you guys though, is there any difference in frames or swingarms between 85-94? The reason I ask is I scored a decent swingarm from an 85 on ebay for $30 and I seen there was a place with some frames for sale on there for $50 and I'd like to pick one up so I can jig up the frame in my shop with the swingarm so I can extend it and notch it without putting my 94 down in the meantime, that way once I put my 94 up for the next winter it's just swapping parts. Also does anyone know where I can score a cheap rear wavey rotor from? When I do my brakes I'd like to do the whole bike, already planned on getting the front brackets for the Busa calipers and my lines & pads from Sean.
Great score. Only difference I'm aware of is the cross member in front of the oil filter, which doesn't matter. Saw some cheapy wave rotors on ebay. They had 5 of them $55. Fit all Gen 1 rears.Think Sean Morley can hook ya up with a much better quality one for a little more.
Looking to do a similar project myself.I want a colored frame to go with a new color scheme and braced.notched and coated swingarm. Swap over is the way to go.
Steve-o

Thanks for the repies guys, if you go to Sean's site he has the brackets to do the busa caliper swap for $40 powdercoated but you have to have the 93 on up big rotors. I checked ebay but I couldn't find the cheap wave rear rotors, gonna be awhile before I do the swap anyway but I'm just collecting the parts I need now. :biglaugh:

I didn't know anyone made a bracket to bolt the 6 pot busa calipers to 93+ forks :confused2:

Well I paid closer attention and you are right, it's only for the older smaller forks :bang head: Ohh well, anybody wanna buy some busa calipers??? LOL

Latest posts

Back