Seafoam question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
I ran some (Seafoam) through my carbs, and added it to my fuel on the last fill up...It did a great job the bike runs stronger/smoother....I was thinking about adding some to my oil since I'm about 900 miles or so from my next change...but I was wondering if that is a good idea or not since our clutches are so picky about what they will "tolerate" as far as oil and oil addatives go......

has anyone else used it in their oil?? Good idea or not

Thanks,
John

I don't have the can in front of me, but does it say you can add it to motor oil?

Be happy with what it has done so far. I would NOT add it to the oil. By the way how much did you add to your gas ?

The label on the can recommends adding it to your oil but I have not done it to the bike. Too nervous about the clutch for me to try. If anyone is about to rebuild their clutch it would be a good experiment.

Rob I put a 1/3 of a can in a 1/2 a tank of gas. WOW what a difference.

I put a shotglass full in about once a month.

Shawn, I'm rebuilding some carbs. What holes do the rubber caps go in again? :biglaugh:

Mark

Be happy with what it has done so far. I would NOT add it to the oil. By the way how much did you add to your gas ?

I added 6oz to a full tank of gas, the instructions say aprox. 1 oz per gallon (I went a little over 4 oz just didn't seem like much) ......

I agree with not adding it to your oil.

This stuff may work just fine in car engines, but you've got your wet clutch to worry about. And quite frankly, unless there is a problem with your engine that you are trying to resolve, putting in an additive for no reason is asking for trouble.

I use it in my Land Rover and Intrepid, adding it to the oil and gas. I've never used it in a bike. I'd think adding some to the gas is a good idea, but I wouldn't add it to the oil, your clutch might start slipping or something weird. Just my 2cents.

I've never seen this product in the stores here( Nevada, USA), Where can you get it???
Lew:ummm:

Hardware store like a True Value or Auto-Zone, O Riley auto parts, Kragen, and just about any other good A/P places...:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back