Sean is getting closer!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Well I know a few of you were wondering what was going on with my bike. I don"t have alot of pics right now , but it is progressing. Sean and I speak 2 - 3 times a week. About progress , what should we do with this or that. It has been real fun with the finishing the so called re-build. As many of you showed interest in the Venture cruise conversion that we put on my bike. This will be something that Sean will carry and once I get my bike back in my hands I will get working on the plug and play part of the wiring harness. I would not personally recommend someone going about this on their own. There are few on this website that could do it I am sure. Over all I can say it would be a wiring nightmare! :bang head: Sean soon will be well versed on this conversion.:eusa_dance:

Thanks G

GannonCarrWheel.jpg

looking great gannon. i have a few questions..

whats the mod? the license plate holder?

also where'd u dig up a rear cazz wheel? or did u always have it?

love the c/f swingarm.

Hey G. I'm really liking the blue frame. The swing arm and polished rear diff. go good with it. Who makes your shocks? Did you have any clearance problems with the reservoirs?

looking great gannon. i have a few questions..

whats the mod? the license plate holder?

also where'd u dig up a rear cazz wheel? or did u always have it?

love the c/f swingarm.

The license holder is made by Kuryakin (probably not spelt correct) right now the bracket is held up by a zip tie because the bracket for the frame has been removed to have it chromed. The bracket I made while I was at Sean's. It will be available from Sean in the near future.

I actually have a set of the wheels. They recently came up and were snagged up in seconds , it was pure luck :worthy:. Sean showed the wheels to me about 2 years ago after they were no longer available.

Hey G. I'm really liking the blue frame. The swing arm and polished rear diff. go good with it. Who makes your shocks? Did you have any clearance problems with the reservoirs?

The diff is actually chromed! The shocks are stock from a Kawasaki ZXR? I think... Sean knows best. but you have to have a 3" stretched swingarm to run them. There is no clearance issues with the piggy backs on the shocks

G

I actually put the same shocks on my Max...they're from a Kawasaki
ZRX1100/1200, and are 14 1/2" eye-to-eye.

Elimax

It's down on it's feet now! Just waiting for some cosmetic finishes and carb work.

Sean

It's down on it's feet now! Just waiting for some cosmetic finishes and carb work.

Sean

u know whats funny. i bet at any given time 50% of the members here could say that about theirs!

Bike looks like its coming along nicely...can't wait to see the finished product! Also very interested in the cruise control outcome. Looks like the fuel tank got enlarged too?

Gannon did his own fuel tank work which has a nice clean look it. Maybe not as much volume as we get with out method but very clean none the less!

Cruise is all wired up and last thing to do is get the cabling done which I am working on this week (will have to get custom cables made - the first try wasn't quite what we wanted). Not going to be a cheap option but should be very nice to have.

I actually put the same shocks on my Max...they're from a Kawasaki
ZRX1100/1200, and are 14 1/2" eye-to-eye.

Elimax

The ZRX1100 are a bit shorter. ZRX1200 are 14.5" from '01 forward, they were upgraded in '04 with an extra setting. Mine are on their way... :eusa_dance:

Back