Seat Problems -Help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcaneman

Reaction score
Hi! Mike here from Oklahoma. Recently purchased a 85 Vmax ..wonderful machine in excellent shape. Only problem ( just came up) is the seat release assembly to get to the gas tank is broke. The pull rings have both come off and at this stage I can not get the seat off, add gas, or charge the battery. Am I missing something. Not familar at this point how the assembly works so at a loss. Got any suggestions on how at this point to remove seat, Thanks, Mike

Hi! Mike here from Oklahoma. Recently purchased a 85 Vmax ..wonderful machine in excellent shape. Only problem ( just came up) is the seat release assembly to get to the gas tank is broke. The pull rings have both come off and at this stage I can not get the seat off, add gas, or charge the battery. Am I missing something. Not familar at this point how the assembly works so at a loss. Got any suggestions on how at this point to remove seat, Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike... are the rings broken off or is the whole assembly gone on both sides? If just the rings are missing/broken you should be able to grab the stem that is left with pliers and pull them forward to pop the center section.

The assemblies is still there. The pull rings have come off only. I can see a small stem that it appears the end of the pull ring went over. So your saying to pull the stem towards the rear of the bike? - Mike

The assemblies is still there. The pull rings have come off only. I can see a small stem that it appears the end of the pull ring went over. So your saying to pull the stem towards the rear of the bike? - Mike

Yep...Buster is correct, just try to grab the stems and pull them both back at the same time with some pliers. Once you do that, be sure to remove the bolts from each side of the hinged section holding the seat in place. Then you can remove the whole front seat section after you remove the faux tank. I keep mine like this for easy access.

:cheers:

Neil

Thanks gentlemen. I will try your suggestion tommorrow morning when can get a better look. Eyes are a little tired from age, so need as much light as possible haha

You have my vMAXiumn Thanks, Mike

Back